"Durbs! For some fun in the sun :)" Durban by Jenniflower
Durban Travel Guide: 411 reviews and 841 photos
The man in the photos is my great uncle... my Gruncle Peter. He was in the Royal Navy, was a purser, and was stationed in South Africa in WWII. I love listening to his tales.
My husband was born in Durban and lived on the beach. His dad was a lifeguard. They then moved to Cape Town when he was a young boy.
In Durban a popular dish to eat is bunny chow (hollowed out loaf of bread with meat inside it). Not the healthiest meal but one the locals enjoy!
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Durban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot Days - Cool waves"
- "Welcome to Durban"
- "Growing to appreciate Durbs-By-The-Sea"
- "DURBAN --- KwaZulu-Natal"
- "The Zulu Kingdom"
- "Durban a beautiful city in Prov.ZwaZululand -Natal"
- "Sunny City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Durban
- Hotels in Durban
- Transportation in Durban
- Nightlife in Durban
- Restaurants in Durban
- Shopping in Durban
- Warnings and Dangers in Durban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Durban
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Durban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Durban
Photos in DurbanSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos