"The Republic of Houtbaai" Houtbaai by Jenniflower
Houtbaai Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 14 photos
Hout Bay is English for 'Houtbaai', and it is affectionately called a 'Republic' as it is out of the way to other places, you have to go through, up or over mountains to reach her! There is a busy harbour and fishing industry here, as well as posh homes, along with a sprawling township.
Full of character, arty and crammed with charm.
Welcome to Hout Bay! :)
We got married in a stone chapel in the forest, and had our reception at Hout Bay Manor. This is in Hout Bay, a... more travel advice
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Houtbaai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sea, the mountains and the boats"
- "A quiet town"
- "The Republic of Houtbaai"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Houtbaai
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Houtbaai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houtbaai
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos
Latest Houtbaai hotel reviews
- The Tarragon
- 324 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013