"~ A rather important city ~" Top 5 Page for this destination Nelspruit by Jenniflower
Nelspruit Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 47 photos
Nelspruit - first visited in the late 1980's with my family for short holidays. I recall the thick humidity and the relentless sun. The insects seemed far bigger than they actually were and the hot sunny days were seemingly endless.
I made a good friend whilst studying at art school, whose family live here, and so my times here increased, as did my interest, and I grew to love this part of South Africa even more.
It is the throughfare into (in my personal opinion) the greatest of game parks in Southern Africa, the Kruger National Park, is the last city/large town before you reach the border of Mozambique, and supports many thousands of people on the poverty line, who live in townships nearby.
This is an area where there is a stark and noticeable contrast between the third and first world that is South Africa.
- Pros:Majestic beauty in surroundings, friendly people
- Cons:Heavy humidity, poverty apparent
- In a nutshell:It is growing and developing at quite a rate!
Luggage with wheels is always a good idea, wherever you are travelling. Some ideas: Light coloured clothing that... more travel advice
Experience this vast park, choc-a-block with wildlife and outstanding scenery in the comfort of your car (self drive) or... more travel advice
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Nelspruit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gate Way to the Kruger"
- "GETEWAY TO MOZ"
- "~ A rather important city ~"
- "safety tips"
- "Nelspruit - the capital of Mpumalanga Province."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nelspruit
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Nelspruit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nelspruit
Photos in NelspruitSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos