"South Africa's own historical naval town!" Simon's Town by Jenniflower
Simon's Town Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 185 photos
Simon's Town is still home to South Africa's navy, and has regained much of its historic splendour and character.
Living close by in Fish Hoek for a few years, we would often drive here on the weekends and go for lovely walks. There is loads to eat here (all types of restaurants), art galleries, crafty things, clothing etc. The shops are aimed more toward the tourist and local person... and there are NO chain stores :)
Defintaely a MUST if you are in Cape Town! And then drive on to Cape Point.. another beautiful piece of the Cape.
- Pros:History seeps from every corner
- Cons:Far to travel to central Cape Town if you are a resident!
- In a nutshell:Holds important South African history
These penguins enjoy the heat and the sand, not the ice cold. They are comical to watch and a pleasure to visit :) We... more travel advice
For many years this was a British Royal Naval Base. It is still home to South Africa's navy, and has regained much of... more travel advice
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Simon's Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Victorian architectural gem with added penguins!"
- "Penguin Paradise at the Cape Peninsula"
- "Boulders Beach, the habitat of the "pikkewyne""
- "Our stay in Simons Town"
- "Simon´s Town."
- "Boulders Beach Penguin Colony"
- "South Africa's own historical naval town!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Simon's Town
- Hotels in Simon's Town
- Transportation in Simon's Town
- Restaurants in Simon's Town
- Shopping in Simon's Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Simon's Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Simon's Town
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Simon's Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Simon's Town
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Globetrotting Zipper Jewelry"
- Commented on one of grets's Simon's Town travel pages
- Wrote a Review Let's speak Penguinese! in Simon's Town Things to Do
- updated a Simon's Town Travel Page "South Africa's own historical naval town!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "What to bring with?"
Photos in Simon's TownSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos