Sun City Packing List Tips by Jenniflower
Sun City What to Pack: 4 reviews and 3 photos
Family in the park
Luggage and bags: Luggage with wheels is always a good idea, wherever you are travelling.
If you are doing a night hike, bring a backpack and a water bottle.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Some ideas:
Light coloured clothing that doesnt absorb the sun as much as dark clothing. If you're going on safari, pack comfortable walking shoes and khaki, brown or beige casual clothes.
Long-sleeved shirts and trousers will help protect you against the sun and insect bites.
Take a warm jacket for game drives; and, if you're going in summer, make sure it's water-proof.
A cap/hat that covers your head and neck.
Long socks if you are going hiking (extra protection against snakes if you come across one).
Comfortable sandals and tackies/trainers/sneakers.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sun screen (Factor 35), headache tablets (from being in the car during the sun all day, may bring on a headache), and usual little things like some plasters for blisters, Tabard for the mossies (mosquitos), cotton wool, germolene etc.
*note* malaria tablets NOT needed in this area!
Photo Equipment: Your camera, with charger, and a SOUTH AFRICAN plug extension.
Bring along the best lens you can - a zoom lens will be needed as the animals are often in the distance and may only look like tiny specks in your photos when they are developed.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you are on an overnight safari tour and will be camping, you will need a roll-up matt, a blanket and a torch.
Find out what cooking implements will be provided by your guide.
Miscellaneous: This info is pretty much the same for all parks in South Africa.
Have a map of Pilansberg handy, plus a local bird, flower and tree book. For this you also need a pair of good quality binoculars
This is so that you don’t get lost (you don’t want to be left in the Park at night!), plus can appreciate all that’s around you that much more.
It is not just a place to sight-see, but a place to learn from too.
Dont forget a torch!
Phone: + 27 (0)14 555 5354-7
More Reviews (78)
- See All The golden city of Johannesburg
- See All 'No access' and 'private' roads!
- See All Buck in the path!
- See All The Roaring Lagoon/Wave Pool
- See All Romantic getaway
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Sun City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sun City Will Rock You"
- "Sun City, Ideal First Visit To South Africa"
- "Africa's Kingdom of Pleasure"
- "Valley of Pleasure"
- "SUN CITY --- A FANTASYLAND"
- "Sun City Paradise in the heart of ancient Volcano"
- "Pilansberg Game Reserve, Lost City & Sun City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sun City
- Hotels in Sun City
- Transportation in Sun City
- Nightlife in Sun City
- Restaurants in Sun City
- Shopping in Sun City
- Warnings and Dangers in Sun City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sun City
- 79 Reviews
- 147 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sun City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sun City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Globetrotting Zipper Jewelry"
- Commented on one of glennkasner's Sun City travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Self catering 3 star accommodation"
- updated a Sun City Travel Page "Pilansberg Game Reserve, Lost City & Sun City"
- Wrote a Review The golden city of Johannesburg in Sun City Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Sun CitySee All Photos (147)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 226 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 74 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 95 reviews, 289 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 107 reviews, 221 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 100 reviews, 158 photos
- Sun City Intro, 79 reviews, 147 photos
- Richmond Intro, 36 reviews, 163 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matlock Intro, 29 reviews, 156 photos, 7 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 47 reviews, 137 photos
- Putney Heath Intro, 43 reviews, 134 photos