"Malaysia" Malaysia by Designerartgirl
Malaysia Travel Guide: 27,568 reviews and 68,391 photos
I worked as a volunteer here for about 3n half months, and i loved it so much. The Elephants and people taking you into their families and treating you as one of their own. All the elephants and people are part of my extended family now.
During my Stay there, i went and helped capture and relocate a wild elephant, and move it to Tasik Kenyir on the east coast of malaysia. This 2 week process meant i got to know all my colleagues much better, and then seeing the elephant run off into the distance after we released him again was perfect. Made the shorter amounts of sleep worthwhile!! I will never forget anyone there.
Everyday, swimming and bathing with the elephants, feeding and training them and just watching them... makes you wonder how on earth you can sit in an office all day......and not miss it....
I spent another 3 months working here also as a volunteer and i got to work with so many gorgeous animals!! More Elephants, and many many felines!
I was based within the vetinary clinic of the zoo, and so helped out with the many animals whom had no mother so became mother to them, feeding them, shampooing them, and then taking them to the playpark for a good play and jump.... (*often them jumping on me, and then running away)
Melaka has much to offer, many museums, being the historical city of malaysia, a beautiful coastline and wonderful food... chinese, malay, portuguese and others....
I spent another few months travelling to places like Kota Bharu in Kelantan which is the most muslim state of malaysia, yet again making more friends and going to a few hidden delights of the state.
Islands like Langkawi also feature highly, beautiful beaches, cool water and people as friendly as anything. Gecko and reggae bar being my two haunts during my time there.....
Cameron highlands with its tea plantations are also worth a look... Lots of things to look at there, and its a bit cooler, so take a jumper or long trousers to keep the cold off.... esp at night...
- Pros:Wonderful honest people, beautiful country
- Cons:cant think of many...
- In a nutshell:A place i would love to live forever, nor will ever forget!
When the heat of malaysia gets a bit much most people come up for a holiday in the cameron highlands, where the nights... more travel advice
Roti Canai is a Malaysian/Indian dish which you can eat in many malaysian restaurants, just look out for the sign and... more travel advice
Designerartgirl's Related Pages
Malaysia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Malaysia Year 2007 has started"
- "Malaysia - a cool fusion of culture and beliefs"
- "Malaysia Travel (and The Foreign Labour Colony)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malaysia
- Hotels in Malaysia
- Transportation in Malaysia
- Nightlife in Malaysia
- Restaurants in Malaysia
- Shopping in Malaysia
- Warnings and Dangers in Malaysia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Malaysia
- 71 Reviews
- 157 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Malaysia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malaysia
Top 10 Pages
- Melaka Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brighton Intro, 35 reviews, 19 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Gemia Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Baharu Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Top Malaysia hotels
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- 5923 Reviews - 13230 Photos
- Pulau Langkawi Hotels
- 1358 Reviews - 3039 Photos
- Port Dickson Hotels
- 160 Reviews - 378 Photos
- Kuala Terengganu Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 308 Photos
- Penang Hotels
- 2422 Reviews - 5106 Photos
- Cameron Highlands Hotels
- 566 Reviews - 1700 Photos
- Kuching Hotels
- 785 Reviews - 2068 Photos
- Kota Kinabalu Hotels
- 1038 Reviews - 2697 Photos
- Melaka Hotels
- 1562 Reviews - 3793 Photos
- Johor Bahru Hotels
- 511 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Genting Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 965 Photos
- Miri Hotels
- 219 Reviews - 533 Photos
- Kuantan Hotels
- 154 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Pulau Sapi Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Pulau Tioman Hotels
- 439 Reviews - 1039 Photos