"Entering the Amazonas" Leticia by faq
Leticia Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 73 photos
We've prepared the trip with the help of a contact by the internet with a portuguese photographer thet lives in Leticia and told us to go there. As we liked to go to the Amazonia, we though that it could be a good approach to the Amazonia and we were right. Leticia is a small town in Colombia at the brasilian border - in fact, we have flight from Manaus, Brasil to Tabatinga on the brasilian side of the border and get into Colombia through the city border. As Leticia is the most remote city in Colombia, people, there, claim that Leticia is the more peacefull city in Colombia - and I think they are right. There is no terrorism threat and people live their lives calmly and with its equatorial rhythm. The city is located at the border of the Amazonas river and is completely linked with the river.
From the river harbour you can plan and enjoy some small trips by boat to visit some local villages and the Amazonas river from "the inside".
A curiosity: Leticia is the city most crowded with motorcycles all over the world - fortunately, they are not very noisy. :)
- Pros:Rich in experiences, friendly people.
- Cons:Mosquitoes and all kind of bugs ;)
- In a nutshell:The door to the deep Amazonia
There are so few roads around Leticia that you almost never travel by land. Our accommodations were in a small farm 11... more travel advice
faq's Related Pages
Leticia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "welcome to colombia"
- "Leticia Information"
- "Entering the Amazonas"
- "Gateway to the Amazon"
- "Amazonas - a magic world"
- "Living the Leticia Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leticia
- Hotels in Leticia
- Transportation in Leticia
- Restaurants in Leticia
- Warnings and Dangers in Leticia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leticia
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Leticia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leticia
Photos in LeticiaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Havana Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Leticia Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manaus Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Romania Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Hammamet Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Lisbon Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 2 photos
- Bucharest 1 review