"New Haven Connecticut" Top 5 Page for this destination New Haven by Foundryman1

New Haven Travel Guide: 216 reviews and 371 photos

Little Italy

This is New Havens' version of Little Italy on Wooster Street.A great spot for food and fun. This is Italian American culture at its' finest!.This is my hometown so I go back to visit Mom every once and a while.

The best pizza this side of the Atlantic

It's worth waiting in line for a Pepes pizza.They are celebrating their 80th year this summer.

The Feast Of Saint Andrew

While we were in New Haven this summer we took my mother downtown to the feast.It's kinda like a fair sponsored by the local church with food booths and some entertainment.They put the statue on display and you can leave an offering and take a prayer card
I forget what Andrew is the patron saint of but this church I think has it's roots in Naples and Amalfi.I will put some pictures up of the feast soon as a travelogue.It's not as big as the wooster street fest where they close off the entire block but it was fun for a visit and my mom got a chance to see a few friends.

• Last visit to New Haven: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2008

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2009 at 5:29 AM

Looks like a terrific local festival. I'll try to investigate the Italian district in NH soon.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 4:45 AM

I had some nice ice cream in New Haven. Now all I have to do is remember where...LOL

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 4:58 AM

Bring back fond memories. New Haven is truly a great place for pizzas. Cheers, SL

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2007 at 5:22 AM

Thanks for sharing. Best of luck. ~_~

• Suzie3's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 1:14 PM

Small world! When our daughter was 2 + 3 she had her picture in the New Haven paper eating those fried dough pizzas. Live a long way from there now but still make em. Her kids now love them. Glad to hear Pepe's is still going. Sallys was pretty good too.

Foundryman1

“she put the pedal to the metal and my head flew back......”

Badges & Stats in New Haven

Have you been to New Haven?

Latest Activity in New Haven