"Dis Da Fi Wi Chikin" Ambergris Cay by Foundryman1
Ambergris Cay Travel Guide: 225 reviews and 401 photos
I have taken down that picture of the big croc because I have found out there have been some incidents on the island and the crocodiles have become aggressive.
There was a local TV station that ran a story about the crocs and the public outcry made feeding time illegal.The cops will come down and tell everyone to go away and then after they drive off the kids get some chicken out.I only went down to the lagoon once last trip and saw maybe 4 or 5 6 footers.After I found out the police were activley discouraging it I have decided I shouldn't be promoting it anymore,
This was our homebase this trip.Friendly staff,clean and beautiful rooms and a great pool.South of town but close in.Good retaurant.
Well ...That's how Chuckie,our guide Ernesto's first mate told us it's pronounced in Creole.We were driving around San Pedro in a golfcart one afternoon driving through mudholes and checking out the storm damage from hurricane Wilma when all of a sudden Stewart Wegner blurts out Disdafiwichikin! and starts laughing. Of course we think he's gone insane and he's laughing so hard that he can't explain that he saw it on the side of a delivery truck .None of us could figure out what it ment and we had a good laugh anytime someone would say it.....This is one of those "you had to be there" moments.Say it a couple of times-after a while it kind of rolls off your tongue................................Try answering your phone at work with it.
- Pros:Great place just to "hang out"
- Cons:It's a little scruffy and you'll see some poverty
- In a nutshell:Ambergris is just a fun place...eat,drink,fish,dive,sit in the sun..repeat
This is a nice place on the water on the north side of the spit.It sits about where the "Tres Cocos" snorkel site is on... more travel advice
Very nice Carribean food.The staff are friendly and the food is tasty I had the seafood plate.Lobster grilled with that... more travel advice
Foundryman1's Related Pages
Ambergris Cay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Relaxing Ambergris Cay Getaway"
- "A Short Stay on Ambergris Cay"
- "A real Gem"
- "Beautiful Belize"
- "San Pedro, Caye Ambergris"
- "Ambergris Caye"
- "Lively but still Belize"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ambergris Cay
- Hotels in Ambergris Cay
- Transportation in Ambergris Cay
- Nightlife in Ambergris Cay
- Restaurants in Ambergris Cay
- Shopping in Ambergris Cay
- Warnings and Dangers in Ambergris Cay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ambergris Cay
- 8 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ambergris Cay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ambergris Cay
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Internet travel sites..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mindless beach bumming...In Style"
- updated a Ambergris Cay Travel Page "Dis Da Fi Wi Chikin"
- Wrote a Review Nice bar out on the water in Ambergris Cay Restaurants
- Commented on one of Chase&Rich's Ambergris Cay travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Pedro Intro, 8 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ambergris Cay Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Provincia de Puntarenas Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belize Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Canaan Valley State Park Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Cahal Pech Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Black Rock Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos