"Addict in full acceptance!" redhotwax's Profile

Well hello there!

Hello and welcome to my VT pages! I know, I know, it's taken me a while to build this home page, and I humbly confess to be a lazy young man :) However, I thought it'd be time to introduce myself proper here..

Name's Michaël and I live in the Netherlands, in the sleepy town of Raamsdonksveer (did you check out the VT pages on this town? There's nothing there, and there probably never will be ;) ). Starting my master New Media Studies at Utrecht University in September, and to celebrate getting my bachelor diploma, I'll be off to Asia in August!

As you may have noticed by looking at my visited places, I'm hooked on Asia. I just love the generally laid back atmosphere there, apart from the cities. But then again, the cities offer so many delights that I'll gladly ignore the busy people there and go my own way!

My dream is to one day have the time&money to get away from it all for an unspecified time, to travel the world without a worry. Still playing that lottery in search of that ultimate freedom! For now, it'll be shorter trips around the world, not a bad way to explore either!

Next trip: Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam

Next on the agenda is a backpacking trip with my girlfriend through these three countries, taking in the culinary delights of Singapore, the Angkor Wat temples of Cambodia, through to the Cu Chi tunnels in Vietnam. Roll on July 31!

• Intro Updated Jul 10, 2007

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Gefeliciteerd. PJ

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Thanks, Michael. Glad you are enjoying my take on SE Asia. We definitely share an affinity there and I'm sure in another 25 years you'll have just as many if not more such experiences. In Vietnam, eat pho every morning and enjoy!

• Feb 23, 2008 at 4:38 AM

i didnt look at the hairstyle, but more at the gloves!!!!!!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Happy Birthday, Michaël! Enjoy your day and enjoy your travels!

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Happy Birthday from Mike and Shelley in sunny "Barking Town" - Woof, woof ! - Have a great day !

• harivansha's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 4:22 PM

dude... could find the path to Malaysia? Haha..

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 6:59 AM

Hi! If you've never been to Cambodia, you'll be awed! No place like it. Amazing structures, amzing people. Enjoy and let us know if we can offer answers to more questions. Travel on! Homer

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2007 at 1:39 AM

Hello there and welcome to South East Asia in a couple of week's time. Thanks for dropping by my hcmc page, I've got lots more nonsence written in my Cambodia and SIngapore pages;p

• dhina's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2006 at 12:42 PM

Hi Michael, very interesting motto that you have :-) Glad that you like your Bali visit. I wish you a nice trip and holiday to Bali-Lombok-Singapore!! Gili islands are great, I hope you like it.

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2006 at 9:13 AM

Thanks Michael. Very kind of you. Enjoy your break in Singapore and Bali!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
redhotwax's Profile Photo

redhotwax

“Anywhere in Asia is fine with me!”

Real Name