"Relaxing out of the world" Federated States of Micronesia by monkey-in-me
Federated States of Micronesia Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 307 photos
Yap is a place so far out of the world...
There is no cell phone, no radio station, no TV station which will disturb your day. In a beach bungalow you can enjoy the sea, the wind in the palmtrees and a cock crowing all day long.
Don't get me wrong, Yap is expensive, if you want to do a luxury trip you will get it here. The people are very proud and nice but not far behind. And you have to be nice to the Yapese as well, because everybody know each other. Don't destroy your reputation...
Diving with the Manta Rays is the reason to go there, and it is absolutly breathtaking.
Be aware of get into a paddy because it's an island outside in the pacific. And be aware of the partie's in the harbour bar, they are extremly funny ;-)
Contact Cyprian Mugunbay in the tourist information in the city center. He is a very kind and helpful man, and he owns a bungalow with a very nice sea view northeast of the island. The pic was taken there during a day doing nothing except enjoying. During high tide it is possible to be picked up by your dive boat directly from the balcony :-)
- Pros:Nice people, quit place, breathtaking dives
- Cons:It's horrible expensive and after two weeks you will become crazy because it's an island
- In a nutshell:If I need to relax I will go back to the beach hut of Cyprian
Federated States of Micronesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Micronesia Blue Lagoons , Warm People, Great Dives"
- "Chillin inYap"
- "paulita1's new Micronesia Page"
- "Micronesia. The last unspoilt paradise?"
- "Moe's Kwajalein Page"
- "Relaxing out of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Federated States of Micronesia
- Hotels in Federated States of Micronesia
- Transportation in Federated States of Micronesia
- Restaurants in Federated States of Micronesia
- Warnings and Dangers in Federated States of Micronesia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Federated States of Micronesia
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Federated States of Micronesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Federated States of Micronesia
No friends yet.