"..." NEILHALLIDYA's Profile

A combination of things has meant I havent travelled much for the last two years. A new job, apathy and lack of £s being the main ones.

My last trip abroad was to Ethiopia. This was hard work. And an experience. Although, not one I would necesserily wish to repeat.

Since then, in my holidays, I`ve explored the bits of Scotland that I had previously not visited. A trip to the far north followed by a trip to the Outer herbrides. Both worthwhile.

Hopefully, I`ll get the chance to venture further afield again some time soon...

Some time ago I visited Burkina Faso.

An infrequently visited country in West Africa. My pages are not as extensive, or articulate, as they could be. However, of all my pages, I'd steer people to these and the following travellogue first.

Sad Eyes of a Child - Burkina Faso

Although, I am currently very very out of condition I enjoy mountains and mountaineering.

I've visited most of the major ranges in the world but would recommend a visitor to my pages on the Rwenzori Mountains of Uganda which I was lucky enough to visit last year.

A very interesting glaciated mountain range on the Equator.

Mountains of the Moon

I have worked in the UK Water Industry for the over the last 10 years.

I spent about 9 years in operational management and then moved into education. Trying to encourage future generations to look after water..........

• Intro Updated Jan 10, 2009

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Happy birthday, have a great one!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Happy Birthday Neil! Have a wonderful day!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Hi Neil - wishing you a very happy birthday! Have a great day.

• Gwynethart's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Yikes, has it been that long since I logged onto VT...?? I just read your comment regarding West Wycombe - my cousin used to live there, just above the Black Boy Art Gallery. (I think that's what it was called!)

• kikalena's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Many thanks for your wishes!All the best and dreams come true in 2009 to you as well! I also miss sunrises in the Himalayas, hope to see them again soon:)

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Happy Birthday, Neil! You have beautiful bright blue eyes! Very pretty! Have a wonderful day!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 4:23 AM

Happy birthday Neil and many happy returns of the day in your life. Keep walking. greetings from Lisbon

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 3:45 AM

happy b-day neil..have a great day where ever you are..U....

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Happy Birthday to you. :-)

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Happy Birthday Neil, and happy travelling

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!