"My first contact with Irish Way of Living.." Bandon by Propermark

Bandon Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 11 photos

Hi everyone! It's not so easy to sum up three months in few lines but I will try to write, step by step, about my three-months-stay in Ireland.

My first contact with Ireland was Bandon, a small village, in County Cork. You may wonder why I went there, how come did I choose this small place? Well, actually I didn't choose it! Bandon is where my Hosting Organization was based, so I stayed here for one month to study English Language and afterwards I moved to work to Dublin.

Bandon is a small village with few pubs and one discoclub, few shops in a main street, and one or two shopping centres. Life is really simple here and I am glad I also experienced this relaxed lifestyle. As you probably know I come from a big city, Palermo, so it took me some time to get used to it, but in the end I enjoyed that month.

During my stay in Bandon I used to get up early and go to the Language Course every morning. In the afternoon I had some assignments, our teachers gave us students, but after we were free to do what we wanted to do. So, basically, I went to the Internet Point or Shopping Centres or the main Library.. that was the only way to spend those days..

At night I used to go to Bradys Pub and have some pints of beer. Irish people are rather friendly and I enjoyed meeting them.

• Last visit to Bandon: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2008

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Looks like a typical Irish town and it looks like you enjoyed it

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 7:34 AM

Doing well so far! Getting to travel around Ireland aswell, fair play! Hope you carry on enjoying it while you get the chance too. :-)

Propermark Used To Live Here!

Propermark

“..Living La Dolce Vita.. in Slovakia!”

Badges & Stats in Bandon