"Dublin - My Irish Days.." Dublin by Propermark

Dublin Travel Guide: 5,145 reviews and 9,471 photos

There she stands in Grafton Street Dublin wheeling her wheelbarrow through the streets broad and narrow crying cockles and mussels alive alive oh! This is what the song says about Molly Malone. She is kind of a symbol for Ireland and everyone who visits Dublin takes a picture of her or with her. People say it is good luck if you put some coins in Molly's bra..

I walked Grafton Street so many times and there are actually lots of shopping centres and the lights for Christmas were really lovely. Grafton is one of Dublin's main streets and everyday it attracts local people or tourists and buskers (street artists) of course!

Near Grafton you will find St Stephen's Green, a small park in the city centre. And from here there is a LUAS stop as well.

Dublin is a vibrant city! There are lots of things you can do here. I liked everything even though the weather was not the best.

I used to live in Terenure which is a bit far from the city centre. From there everyday I used to go by bus, 54A, to get to my work-place.

On the weekends I loved dancing and drinking pints in cool clubs.. and in Dublin you have plenty of choice!

Ireland is always in my heart and I guess I'll be back there eventually. Either for a holiday or for staying more I wanna come back to Dublin and Cork as well.

I admit I am missing my life there..

TO BE CONTINUED...

• Intro Updated May 3, 2008

• AshleyDublin's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Watch out for the Romanian children. I used to work in the city and they used to meet up on O'Connell Street and go off stealing, begging... All sorts!

• Mar 17, 2009 at 7:32 AM

But be prepared to literally hop on and then off. The driver won't tell you the name of the stops either. This is not a good option if you have more than one luggage with you.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2009 at 11:29 PM

nice tip on beer, but unfortunately, I am allergic to alcohol -- last time I had beer was 20 years ago! sad...Norman :)

• babettu's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2008 at 8:01 AM

Hi Mark wish you luck.....!!!! best regards your friend Stephen

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 5:48 AM

8 tips for nightlife!!!!

• Helenbb's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 8:52 AM

oh. yes.. i 4got you are in Dublin.:)) here is cold aroud 0C.. i like Italy .. miss italy's sunshine

Propermark

“..Living La Dolce Vita.. in Slovakia!”

Badges & Stats in Dublin