"Palermo - My Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo by Propermark
Palermo Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,121 photos
Palermo, the main city in Sicily and one of the biggest cities in Italy, is my city of birth. A city full of life and also full of contraddictions.
Friendly people, nice weather, beautiful natural spots and so on..
Our main beach is Mondello and it is really worth visiting..
Palermo is an extraordinary city. Its history, its culture, its monuments, its gastronomy, its popular traditions, and its natural scenery offer such a rich variety that it is unavoidably one of the most interesting and fascinating places in the world.
Everyone visiting Palermo, from the tourist to the visitor just passing through, discovers a city that reflects centuries of history yet at the same time is open to a thousand new influences, one that is truly a meeting-place - not only symbolic but also physical - where European cultures meet Oriental and African cultures in an extraordinary blend that is most effectively expressed in its Euromediterranean vocation.
Palermo has got lots of monuments and churches, theatres and museums, places of unspoilt natural beauty that leave an indelible mark in everyone’s heart and mind. It is a city that also seduces the physical senses, with a gastronomy that is rich in colour and fragrance, a sun that warms the skin and lights one’s days, and a cuisine that is a feast for the eyes and a treat for the palate.
Today Palermo presents to the tourist and visitor the image of a community that is committed to a process of transformation in which the combination of culture and entertainment offers a multitude of opportunities that show that Palermo, with its breath of the sirocco, the hot and salty wind of Africa, has no cause to envy any other European city in terms of welcoming efficiency, accommodation capacity, and artistic and historical resources.
Voleremo per cieli infiniti
sorretti dalle tue possenti ali...
La pietra si animerà
e annuseremo l'odore caldo
della tua nuova vita.
Il vento ci pulirà dalle miserie e
scritto da J. Romeo
We will fly through endless skies
held up by your mighty wings...
The stone will be vivified
and we will smell the warm odour of your new life.
The wind will wash us from miseries and
they will vanish.
The atmosphere of this place is relaxed and a bit posh. Piazza Marina Square at night looks wonderful! I ate here... more travel advice
This is a small club/bar where I usually go with my friends to start or end the night. They will serve you well made and... more travel advice
- See All A Small B&B in the centre of Palermo
- See All What should I visit in Palermo? Where...
- See All Palatina Chapel
Propermark's Related Pages
Palermo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palermo - My Home Town"
- "Palermo, past and present"
- "Palermo, caput mundo di Sicilia..."
- "Sicilian capital on the up"
- "P A L E R M O!!!!!!!"
- "Palermo and Western Sicily - Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palermo
- Hotels in Palermo
- Transportation in Palermo
- Nightlife in Palermo
- Restaurants in Palermo
- Shopping in Palermo
- Warnings and Dangers in Palermo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palermo
- 50 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Palermo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palermo
Photos in PalermoSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 50 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos
- Riga Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lloret de Mar Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albufeira Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Balestrate Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues