"Travelling around the World" Propermark's Profile

Europe - My Native Continent..

Siete arrivati nel posto giusto! Queste sono le pagine di un VTer Siciliano che ama partire e girare per il mondo... ed ovviamente divertirsi:))) Benvenuti!!!! Buona visione..

GREETINGS TO YOU ALL FROM SOUTH EUROPE!

Travelling is a wonderful experience. It allows you to have a wider view about life and it actually broadens your mind.
A traveller is somebody who has experienced more than other people, somebody with more flexibility..
So travel as much as you can!!! And if you can live abroad for a while, just do it! You'll learn a lot! Even neighbour countries have differences and new things to learn and discover.

Let me tell you something about me.. well what can I say? I studied foreign literatures and languages: English and Spanish at the University of Palermo in Sicily... I really like to be an active person. They say I'm extroverted and friendly!

My first experience abroad, apart from several trips, was in Dublin, Ireland. I really enjoyed the friendly environment and everything.

NEWS: 2013 I am always in Central Europe working and living happily :-)) and I decided to stay and live permanently in the beautiful Slovak Republic!! From here is easier to travel and life is treating me really well so far.. sometimes maybe cultural differences are challenging but they're interesting too ;)

Už hovorim po slovensky plynule. Rozhodol som sa ze budem žit tu na Slovensku lebo tu sa mi velmi paci!!! A ako vela cudzincov som tu kvoli laske.. ale asi to bolo jasne ;)

AN IRISH BLESSING: May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind be always at your back, May the rain fall soft upon your fields, and the sun shine warm upon your face until we meet again

Palermo's hot during the summertime... and August is the hottest month in here. Air Conditioning is a must at home! Sometimes we have 35-38 Celsius degrees and a high humidity rate.

Che caldo a Palermo durante il periodo estivo!

The Republic of Malta!

Malta is a place I'll never forget.. maybe I could live there!

I really had a lot of fun there. And I always liked the mixture between English and Oriental culture.

This little country is full of nice natural spots, historical sites and its nightlife is really really lively!!!
The first time I walked in Paceville at night I was totally surprised... there were crowds of tourists coming from all over Europe, USA and other countries! :))) And every Summer is like that!

Now I hope to visit this country again to meet my friends Stephanie & Rosemarie! They preceded me and came to visit Palermo on July 15th 2006!!! Next time I happen to be in Malta I don't want to miss Gozo.

Stef from Malta!

My country-house in Balestrate

Balestrate is a countrytown which is located just 60 km away from Palermo.. I think it will become a tourist resort in the future.
Who knows when!?! At the moment there are some tourists coming from other parts of Italy or from Germany and France but these are people who has got relatives here in Sicily.

My country house is just 3 km away from Balestrate and we can actually walk to the beach! So in Summer I used to go everyday!!!

And I always love to invite my friends here and have nice BBQs or just spend a pleasant day far away from the city..

On Summer 2005 during the first days of August I visited two of the Baltic Republics: Latvia (Latvija) and Estonia (Eesti) and then I took the famous Viking Line ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki Finland and from Helsinki to Stockholm Sweden! What a wonderful travel! It lasted 17 days:)

Here's a picture from Riga the capital of Latvia!

During my stay in the Baltic Reps I tried to learn some Russian...

My 3 months in Ireland

It's not easy to sum up three months of your life in few lines but I guess I need to try to write something about it.

So my experience in Ireland began in a small village called Bandon. Bandon is in County Cork, at approximately 30 km away from Cork. I lived there for one month and I studied English language. From there I managed to visit County Cork and County Kerry. Life in this small place was really easy and simple and basically I was going out every night even though there was not a big choice! Just two nice pubs!

After the first month I moved to Dublin and I worked there for a tour operator ( Abbey Tours) and from the Irish capital I visited Howth, Glendalough Lakes, Galway and Belfast UK.

This exprience changed my life and I grew up a lot! When I came home I was at first a bit confused but after one month I was ok again.. Ireland was the beginning of something big. I changed my views on my things.

• Intro Updated May 17, 2013

Personal Pages (1)

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Wishing you a great birthday!

• JulieJueletha's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I join the chorus wishing you a happy birthday Marco!

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Happy birthday, Marco! Hope you're still enjoying life in Bratislava.

• meiyergani's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Happy birthday, Marco! ..............

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Happy Birthday!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Nice meeting you in today's birthday list. Happy birthday and all the best to you. Greeting from Malaysia.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Happy birthday, Marco! Cannot believe you're still in Central Europe, but as long as you're having a blast there ... Have a great party :-)

• Propermark's Profile Photo
      Apr 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM

well I am :))) I didn't come back to Italy.. well just for holidays :))

• Minashka's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2011 at 5:43 AM

Ciao Marco! It's been awhile so I thought I'd drop by and say hello :) Hope everything's going well... I moved to Istanbul by the way! Baciii

• Propermark's Profile Photo
      Apr 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Hi thx for writing!! Sorry for late reply :) wish u all the best in Istanbul! I am always in Slovakia central Europe :)

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Ciao Marco. Auguri di buon cumpleanno (belated). Greetings from Lisbon

• MJB123's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Ciao Marco! Buona Natalie. Hope your time in Bratislava has been great and that a trip to the USA is awaiting you in 2010.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Propermark's Profile Photo

Propermark

“..Living La Dolce Vita.. in Slovakia!”

Real Name