San Rafael Things to Do Tips by anabelsousa
San Rafael Things to Do: 8 reviews and 8 photos
Valle Grande is just in the way back from Atuel Cannyon, this place is sorrounded by mountains, and a lot of peace.
The most typical picture is "The submarine"
This is in the upper part, then you go down and see Atuel River...
Address: 75 km from San Rafael
Near Diamond River, you can see one of the most beatiful scenery in San Rafael, is just 35 km from the city center.
It has a lake about 700 has. where you can fishing, and do nautical sports, hiking, mountain climbing etc. There is a Private Club (it's posible rent a house there) and a camping for the "budget option".
Address: 35 km from San Rafael
Cañon del Atuel
In the way back to San Rafael City, is the Atuel Cannyon, where the erosion produced by teh wind and water have been modeled rocks that form a beatiful and amazing landscape
Embalse El Nihuil
After 1/2 hour trip on the 173 road, we get to "Cuesta de los Terneros" (Calf's hill), where is possible to see all the city and the valley where are a lot of farms.
In an hour, we stay in El Nihuil, an enormous lake where people do nautical sports (kayak, windsurf, canoa, etc.)
There is a Private Club "Club de Pescadores" (15 years ago, people in San Rafael had their weekend houses here), and in the other side is settle the Nihuil's population (There is a camping in this area)
More Reviews (9)
anabelsousa's Related Pages
San Rafael Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Rafael....adventure travel."
- "San Rafael"
- "A short summer stay in San Rafael"
- "San Rafael"
- "san rafael"
- "Los Reyunos"
- "Departamento San Rafael"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Rafael
- Hotels in San Rafael
- Transportation in San Rafael
- Nightlife in San Rafael
- Restaurants in San Rafael
- Shopping in San Rafael
- See All...
Explore the World
- Atlanta Hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- New York City
- Buhangin Hotels
- Srinagar Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
Badges & Stats in San Rafael
- 13 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Rafael
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Rafael Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ilha Grande Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- San Antonio de Areco Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tilcara Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parati Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Purmamarca Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
Latest San Rafael hotel reviews
- 1 Review & Opinion