"Dinousaurs Land......." Sierra de Talampaya by anabelsousa
Sierra de Talampaya Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 27 photos
I suggest do this trip starting in Ischigualasto (San Juan). This is a palenteological place from the triasic period, it is called "Valley of the moon" The general aspect of the area is semidesertic and inhospitable.It is truly difficult to imagine that in the past, the landscape was inhabited by a profuse jungle of acacias, gingkoes and palms, blended with lakes and marshes.
The fields of Ischigualasto with their green, black, red, gray sediments often occult the vast quantity and quality of fossils buried within what is undoubtably one the world’s greatest paleontological treasuries
We went to Talampaya the day after, The landscape is very different from Ischigualasto, everithing here is red.
The Park contains important geological formations such as the canyon with vertical red sandstone walls some 150m high, formed by the Talampaya river.
This trip (like the other one) no entrance without a guide. There are two options a long trip (4 hours, I think that you go by bike) and the sort one (1 hour and a half, in trucks)
I was surprised about the imessity, the color, the shapes of this stones... but, here I putted a litlle bit , so you have to discover the rest by yourself......
anabelsousa's Related Pages
Sierra de Talampaya Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sierra de Talampaya
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sierra de Talampaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sierra de Talampaya
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Rafael Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- El Calafate Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ilha Grande Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- San Antonio de Areco Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tilcara Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parati Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Purmamarca Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos