"Fire and Ice" Mount Rainier National Park by sswagner
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide: 232 reviews and 505 photos
Mt. Rainier itself is one of America's most impressive mountains. On a clear day, this dormant volcano can be seen from a large part of the state. Year round, the mountain is heavily glaciated and presents quite a challenge to those who seek its summit. Hiking trails are all over the park, but perhaps the most famous one is the Wonderland Trail which circles the mountain. It would take many days to make the complete circuit of this trail. Large forests give way to timberline, which leads to large glaciers and snowfields. In the lower 48 states, Rainier is the most glaciated peak.
The park can be enjoyed year round. In summer, you have camping and hiking available. Winter brings activities often associated with very heavy snowfall. Paradise station on the south side of the mountain is famous for its massive amounts of snowfall. This park is one of the most popular places in the state, and with good cause a lot of people desire to come here.
- Pros:Famous and majestic mountain surrounded by wilderness.
- Cons:Sometimes crowded in the summer. Weather is very unpredictable.
- In a nutshell:Easily, this is one of America's finest national parks.
If the weather is working in your favor and you are prepared, you just might make the ascension of this 14,410 ft.... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perfect Everday in its own Special Way:Mt. Rainier"
- "Basaic Mount Rainier National Park Page"
- "WASHINGTON'S MASSIVE GLACIATED GLORY"
- "Mt. Rainier National Park"
- "Mount Rainier National Park"
- "Drive thru Mt Ranier"
- "The Big Volcano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Rainier National Park
- Hotels in Mount Rainier National Park
- Transportation in Mount Rainier National Park
- Nightlife in Mount Rainier National Park
- Restaurants in Mount Rainier National Park
- Shopping in Mount Rainier National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Rainier National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bensalem Hotels
- Gambar Hotels
- Republic of Montenegro Hotels
- Talimena State Park
- Suwannee River State Park Hotels
- Lago Tepuhueico Hotels
- Danau Tondano
- Lindfield Hotels
- County Kerry
- Cavite City
- North Hutchinson Island
Badges & Stats in Mount Rainier National Park
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mount Rainier National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Rainier National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Fat Fliers Get An Extra Seat..."
- Commented on one of chewy3326's Mount Rainier National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Summit of Mt. Rainier in Mount Rainier National Park Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Summit of Mt. Rainier"
- updated a Mount Rainier National Park Travel Page "Fire and Ice"
Photos in Mount Rainier National ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues