"An antique village" Round Top by sswagner
Round Top Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 27 photos
Round top is located in Central Texas a little ways off of State Highway 71 between Austin and Columbus. Although it is out of the way, it sustains a cluster of antique and gift shops, a small town square, a museum (enclosed and open air), and a place to try some imported wines. I would imagine that most people in Fayette county as well as the surrounding counties are aware of this nice little Texan village. Shoppers, historians, and wine tasters will all find something to their liking here.
- Pros:Off the beaten path, especially if you are not from this region.
- In a nutshell:This would make a nice stop if you happen to be in the area. The closest large town is La Grange, which is southeast of Austin
Even a small place such as this has a Chamber of Commerce just off the main square. Round Top is certainly a place where... more travel advice
Several Texas towns have created open air museums featuring architecture of the region. Round Top is no exception, and... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Round Top Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An antique village"
- "Bud the Pie Man: Round Top, Texas"
- "Basaic Round Top Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Round Top
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Round Top?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Round Top
Photos in Round TopSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues