"An Animal Heritage" Glen Rose by sswagner
Glen Rose Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 151 photos
Glen Rose is roughly an hour's drive from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It lies in the vicinity of the north Texas hill country. Despite the small size of the town itself, there are some very notable attractions in this area. Dinosaur Valley State Park is nearby, and this place is full of evidence from the time that the dinosaurs walked the earth. Besides dealing with extinct life, Glen Rose is fast developing as a center for several species of endangered animals. Fossil Rim Wildlife Center is one of the best places to visit a variety of animals from all parts of the world. Here, they are given a chance to live in a fantastic setting.
- Pros:Very worthwhile attractions near a small nice Texas town
- Cons:Admission to the parks can be a little expensive
- In a nutshell:This area is quickly gaining a reputation as a day trip destination from the nearby cities.
Grant's Zebra can be found here in decent numbers, and visitors typically look forward to seeing them. There was a herd... more travel advice
Both the black and white rhinos are in desperate need of help as poachers seek them for their horns. Both of these... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Glen Rose Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Glen Rose"
- "The Dinosaurs of Glen Rose"
- "An Animal Heritage"
- "Basaic Glen Rose Page"
- "Gene's Glen Rose Page"
- "Vibroverb's Glen Rose"
- "Dinosaurs in Texas?!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glen Rose
- Hotels in Glen Rose
- Transportation in Glen Rose
- Nightlife in Glen Rose
- Restaurants in Glen Rose
- Shopping in Glen Rose
- Warnings and Dangers in Glen Rose
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glen Rose
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Glen Rose?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glen Rose
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues