"The High Peaks region" Adirondack State Park by sswagner
Adirondack State Park Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 128 photos
Sadly, my visit here was only for a couple of days. However, what I did see certainly deserves mention. My goal was to drive into the heart of this region and attempt the summit of Mt. Marcy. The short time spent working on that goal was a remarkable time. Upstate New York is very suprising to many, especially those who only know New York for its largest city. Here, you will find nothing to remind you of Manhattan. You will wonder if this is all even in the same state! The park itself is vast. Several national parks could fit inside of this area. Thanks to a "forever wild' clause in the state constitution of New York, much of this area is available for exploration. The Adirondacks will impress you with their wild beauty. Fall is probably the best season to be here.
- Pros:A vast area of wilderness for those who enjoy the outdoors.
- Cons:Adirondack weather is notoriously fickle. I was lucky.
- In a nutshell:I only saw a small part of this place. There is much, much more.
The Adirondack Loj is in a superb location. It rests on a lake in the middle of the High Peaks region of the state park.... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Adirondack State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Central Park for the World"
- "Forever Wild"
- "The 'Dacks!"
- "The High Peaks region"
- "Cabana Boy's Adirondack Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Adirondack State Park
- Hotels in Adirondack State Park
- Transportation in Adirondack State Park
- Nightlife in Adirondack State Park
- Restaurants in Adirondack State Park
- Shopping in Adirondack State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Adirondack State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Adirondack State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Adirondack State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Adirondack State Park
Photos in Adirondack State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues