"A Window to the West" Scottsbluff by sswagner
Scottsbluff Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 13 photos
Western Nebraska tends to be one of America's forgotten corners as many people tend to stick to the interstates and head further west to explore this country. The Scottsbluff area itself is an a relatively dry and windswept area of the Great Plains. Most people assume that Nebraska is a featureless prairie as the far as the eye can see. In this region of the state, this is not true at all. There are some key rock formations that stood out enough to become a journal entry in pioneers' stories about their journey West. This is the land of the Oregon Trail. Actually, several main westward trails ran through here. Because of the scenery and history, this region is an excellent place to see. I was very glad to have had a chance to come here.
- Pros:You have to go out of your way to get here.
- Cons:You have to go out of your way to get here.
- In a nutshell:Here lies an important part of the history of the United States
This is to the southwest of Scottsbluff and almost to the tristate border with Colorado and Wyoming. If you are... more travel advice
This needlelike rock formation wa a key focal point for travellers going west in the 19th Century. Many journals... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Scottsbluff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Window to the West"
- "kim83_50158's Scottsbluff Page"
- "Kai's Scottsbluff National Monument Page"
- "Scottsbluff, Nebraska"
- "scottsbluff national monument"
- "Basaic Scott's Bluff Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scottsbluff
- Hotels in Scottsbluff
- Transportation in Scottsbluff
- Restaurants in Scottsbluff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scottsbluff
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Scottsbluff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scottsbluff
Photos in ScottsbluffSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Scottsbluff hotel reviews
- Super 8 Scottsbluff Ne
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013