"The High Place" Cheaha State Park by sswagner
Cheaha State Park Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 10 photos
"Cheaha" in th native language represents the high place. This area is well named, because it is in fact the highest elevation in the state of Alabama. This is s well developed state park with several good hikes in the area.
Cheaha State Park is not far off of I-20 between Birmingham, AL and Atlanta, GA. The park is on a ridge of the extreme southern section of the Appalachian Range. Any time of the year seems good for a visit. Every once in a while, winter storms will hit this area, however due to its southern latitude, weather can be balmy even in the winter.
- Pros:Nice natural area, mulltiple activities available
- Cons:Not too many. If the weather is bad, there will not be much to do.
- In a nutshell:This is a nice diversion for anyone who is in the area.
At the foot of the mountain is this family facility. There are trails in this area, one of which leads up the mountain.... more travel advice
This structure was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). This stone tower is open through much of the day and... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Cheaha State Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cheaha State Park
- Hotels in Cheaha State Park
- Restaurants in Cheaha State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheaha State Park
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cheaha State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheaha State Park
Photos in Cheaha State ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues