"Winter Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Chena Hot Springs by sswagner
Chena Hot Springs Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 59 photos
The nearest city to Chena Hot Springs is Fairbanks. It is easy to rent a car and drive all of the way to the resort here. Be careful with road conditions in winter, especially if you do not often see freezing weather. There is a resort here with a lot of different activities available. You have the hot springs itself, sled dog rides, airplane tours, wildlife viewing, cross country skiing, and those Northern Lights. Most people probably come in the wintertime like I did in hopes of seeing the lights. Everything else seems to fall second to this as a priority. This is deep in the interior of Alaska. Yes, the winters can be cold. However, with a little bit of preparation, you will enjoy the time here.
- Pros:the Northern Lights and a true outdoor experience
- In a nutshell:A getaway for sure. Hopefully you get at least one clear night
While more people are going to Alaska during the winter in hopes of spotting the Aurora Borealis, many of them hope to... more travel advice
These cabins were warm and comfortable. It is good to stay the night so that you can look for the Northern Lights. If... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Chena Hot Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chena Hot Springs Resort"
- "Ah to relax..."
- "Winter Paradise"
- "Chena Hot Springs"
- "Chena Hot Spring"
- "Relaxing moment"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chena Hot Springs
- Hotels in Chena Hot Springs
- Transportation in Chena Hot Springs
- Nightlife in Chena Hot Springs
- Restaurants in Chena Hot Springs
- Shopping in Chena Hot Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Chena Hot Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chena Hot Springs
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Chena Hot Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chena Hot Springs
Photos in Chena Hot SpringsSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues