"Winter Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Chena Hot Springs by sswagner

Chena Hot Springs Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 59 photos

The nearest city to Chena Hot Springs is Fairbanks. It is easy to rent a car and drive all of the way to the resort here. Be careful with road conditions in winter, especially if you do not often see freezing weather. There is a resort here with a lot of different activities available. You have the hot springs itself, sled dog rides, airplane tours, wildlife viewing, cross country skiing, and those Northern Lights. Most people probably come in the wintertime like I did in hopes of seeing the lights. Everything else seems to fall second to this as a priority. This is deep in the interior of Alaska. Yes, the winters can be cold. However, with a little bit of preparation, you will enjoy the time here.

• Pros:the Northern Lights and a true outdoor experience
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:A getaway for sure. Hopefully you get at least one clear night
  • Last visit to Chena Hot Springs: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2005

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2008 at 12:57 PM

What a spectacular picture of the Northern Lights! I would absolutely LOVE to see something like that myself!

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2008 at 1:41 AM

Simply incredible. Thanks for sharing. Greetings :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 12:26 AM

To see the Aurora Borealis is on my travel-wishing-list in the near future. This place would be perfect also with the hot springs, but I think I will rather go to Norway ! ...but next time maybe Alaska, thanks for sharing these great infos !

• queenpud's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 11:53 AM

it is definately on my wish list, either in us or europe

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 8:36 AM

That main photo is amazing! wow

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2007 at 9:23 AM

I love this page.

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Cool picture of the aurora. It was on the homepage today.

• Anne-Lieze's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Very nice!That must be imposing to see

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2007 at 6:14 PM

I have to see the Aurora Lights before I die. My dad got to see them when he was in Alaska for the military and he still talks about them 30 years later!! Great picture of them. Do they let you know on the news when the days it might happen on?

• Sharon's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 5:42 AM

Unbelievable !!! Are this real ??!! I just hope to be able to see this (at least) once in my life. Amazing !

sswagner

“Not all those who wander are lost--JRR Tolkien”

Badges & Stats in Chena Hot Springs

Have you been to Chena Hot Springs?

Latest Activity in Chena Hot Springs