"Colorful Appenzell" Top 5 Page for this destination Appenzell by sswagner
Appenzell Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 137 photos
The town of Appenzell is found in the northeast part of the country. It is less than an hour by train from St. Gallen. The setting is that of green hills with the mountainous backdrop. This town has a reputation of being very tradional, and this is obvious very quickly. I found this to be one of the most colorful towns with all of the painted buildings amidst the foliage of the countryside. The downside? The entire place seemed shut down on Saturday, and it was not even 5 o' clock. Nevertheless, it was nice to walk around the quiet town and admire the architecture.
- Pros:A pastoral landscape with a small colorful town
- Cons:Weekend hours for shops either nonexistent or very short
- In a nutshell:Appenzell is worth the trip, visiting on a weekday nonholiday might be wise
sswagner's Related Pages
Appenzell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "unique architecture"
- "the best cheese in Switzerland !"
- "Colorful Appenzell"
- "Appenzell, a beautiful little city"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Appenzell
- Hotels in Appenzell
- Transportation in Appenzell
- Restaurants in Appenzell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Appenzell
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Appenzell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Appenzell
Photos in AppenzellSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues