"Scenic town on the Limmat" Baden by sswagner
Baden Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 49 photos
Just half an hour by train from Zurich is a very scenic and historic town worth exploring. It has a colorful old town, a medieval tower, a church, the Limmat River with a covered bridge, and a ruined castle overlooking it all. Even on a warm summer day, the place did not seem too crowded. Most of the people in town were in the more modern shopping areas adjacent to the train station. Upon entering the old town, it was a lot less busy. This is a good place to walk around, enjoy the peace and quiet, and take a few pictures. There are many green areas around, and the overall view of the area reveals a very nice surrounding country landscape.
- Pros:Nice old town, easy to walk around, close to Zurich
- Cons:Lots of those construction cranes around
- In a nutshell:This makes a pleasant excursion from Zurich. It is an ideal place to take a walk.
This is a great town to simply walk around and explore. On a warm day, there will be some nice outdoor cafes in town.... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Baden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baden, AG"
- "little, lovely city"
- "Baden, Switzerland"
- "Scenic town on the Limmat"
- "My new home"
- "My 1st stop in Swiss"
- "a small visit in Baden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baden
- Hotels in Baden
- Transportation in Baden
- Nightlife in Baden
- Restaurants in Baden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baden
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Baden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baden
Photos in BadenSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues