"Resort Town with French Style" Montreux by sswagner
Montreux Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 414 photos
I must confess that my main reason for a trip to Montreux was to see Chateau de Chillon. It is by far the most popular attraction in this region. Montreux itself is on the East side of Lac Leman (Lake Geneva). It has very nice landscaping and can be quite colorful. Judging by the hotels and the homes, it seems like a very wealthy place. The good news is that it is easy to travel to this town, and the town itself is nice to observe. I highly recommend walking along the lake and just taking in views of the area. As for Chateau de Chillon, it was by far worth the visit.
- Pros:Good transportation options, attractive town
- Cons:Not a lot to do if the weather is bad
- In a nutshell:This is one of the nicest regions in Western Switzerland. Montreux seems to be in the middle of this.
The number one reason why many people come to Montreux is so that they may make a tour of Chateau de Chillon. It is... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Montreux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE SWISS RIVIERA"
- "The Swiss Riviera"
- "Montreux – "Wild Twin" on Lake Geneva"
- "Montreux on Lake Geneva"
- "A Castle and a Queen"
- "A Couple of Days in Montreux"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreux
- Hotels in Montreux
- Transportation in Montreux
- Nightlife in Montreux
- Restaurants in Montreux
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montreux
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Montreux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreux
Photos in MontreuxSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues