"A Swiss Town with a French Look and Roman History" Top 5 Page for this destination Nyon by sswagner
Nyon Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 38 photos
My friend chose Nyon as an excursion from Geneva. This is how I was ultimately introduced to this pleasant lakeside town. We arrived on a lake steamer and took the train back when we were done. During the visit, there were some pleasant areas to walk and look around. The city has a nice chateau just off the main square as well as some significant Roman history. In fact, the Roman settlement was founded by Julius Ceasar himself. This town is somewhat off the beaten path, so the crowds were not present as we explored this scenic place. Nyon is less than an hour by train and a little more than an hour by boat from Geneva.
- Pros:Not crowded, beautiful setting on the lake, French architecture
- In a nutshell:This is an excellent daytrip to make while in the area
Nyon traces its history back to the Roman days. The Roman settlement was actually established by Julius Ceasar. As... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Nyon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nyon - my favorite Swiss city"
- "Paleo in Nyon"
- "A Swiss Town with a French Look and Roman History"
- "Small town with Roman history"
- "Nyon, Switzerland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nyon
- Hotels in Nyon
- Transportation in Nyon
- Restaurants in Nyon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nyon
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nyon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nyon
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues