"Russia's heritage" Velikiy Novgorod by sswagner
Velikiy Novgorod Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 255 photos
We visited Novgorod as a day trip from St. Petersburg. This city is located towards Moscow, however it is much closer to St. Petersburg. This is an attractive woodland setting. Besides the main road between the two large cities, the train also stops here. in Novgorod, you will find some places that highlight the history of Russia. There are several sites worth exploring in and around the city. We were taken by our St. Petersburg guide to some of the key sites. I wish we had more time here, but at least we were able to come here. There is a wealth of history to explore in Novgorod.
- Pros:Makes an excellent daytrip from St. Petersburg, teaches you more about Russia
- Cons:Did not discover any on our visit
- In a nutshell:This is a worthy part of a visit to Russia.
Perhaps you were wondering what is like to live in the Russian countryside? A dacha is a typical residence that you will... more travel advice
Set on the grounds of Yuriev Monestary, I find this to be the most attractive part of it. This is not the tallest... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Velikiy Novgorod Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Velikiy Novgorod"
- "Mister the Great Novgorod"
- "More than 1000 years old city"
- "Novgorod the Great"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Velikiy Novgorod
- Hotels in Velikiy Novgorod
- Transportation in Velikiy Novgorod
- Nightlife in Velikiy Novgorod
- Restaurants in Velikiy Novgorod
- Shopping in Velikiy Novgorod
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Velikiy Novgorod
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Velikiy Novgorod?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Velikiy Novgorod
Photos in Velikiy NovgorodSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues