"Step way back into time and visit Gozo" Gozo by sswagner
Gozo Travel Guide: 497 reviews and 1,370 photos
Malta is very impressive with its natural and historic beauty. The island of Gozo, which is Malta's second largest island, is a definite "must see" on any visit to this nation. The island itself is small. It has one natural harbor, one lighthouse, one windmill, and many places to visit. If the main island of Malta seems at times a bit crowded to you, this may be what you are looking for. The natural beauty is amazing both along the shore and inland. The oldest freestanding manmade structure on the planet is found here as well as other quiet towns that seem to be frozen in time. Let me tell you, this island is a true jewel in the travel experience. The towns are nice to visit and the landscape is very scenic here. The island is an easy ferry ride away from the main island of Malta, yet it seems to be a world apart. Perhaps, you want to see the historic temples or the Citadel atop the island's main city of Victoria. Maybe you want to see the natural beauty of the arch known as the Azure Window along the coast. Maybe you wanted to buy the fine products that come from here such as the handblown glass, wine, or even a jar of honey. For many, this could be the finest memory of a Maltese vacation. If you do come to the islands, I do recommend a visit here to see if that holds true for you. Many people have never heard of Gozo, yet I think if they came here, they would never forget it.
- Pros:Rich beauty and history, very laid back and uncrowded, even in high season.
- Cons:Nothing significant
- In a nutshell:No visit to Malta is complete without an excursion to Gozo
This attractive village has some good restaurants as well as a nice attractive waterfront setting. Although there is not... more travel advice
It is written that first impressions mean a great deal. Mgarr will likely provide a traveler their first impression of... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Gozo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gwl, Gaulos, Gaudos, Ghawdex... Gozo"
- "Jeep Safari around Gozo"
- "Gozo - The Quiet Island"
- "Beautiful Gozo"
- "Gozo - The Island of Calypso"
- "Dive Gozo... work later!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gozo
- Hotels in Gozo
- Transportation in Gozo
- Nightlife in Gozo
- Restaurants in Gozo
- Shopping in Gozo
- Warnings and Dangers in Gozo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gozo
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Gozo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gozo
- updated a Gozo Travel Page "Step way back into time and visit Gozo"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Fat Fliers Get An Extra Seat..."
- Commented on one of SanguiniA's Gozo travel pages
- Wrote a Review Xlendi, a fishing village in Gozo about Xlendi in Gozo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Xlendi, a fishing village in Gozo"
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues