"Liechtenstein's Capital" Vaduz by sswagner
Vaduz Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 566 photos
For those seeking a capital city that is very provincial, this is the place to be. Most likely, people stop by to check off another country. I came mainly out of curiosity. Since the focus of the vacation was Switzerland, and this happens to border that country, I scheduled some time in Vaduz. It was nice to spend the night here, wake up, and simply walk around the town in the quiet cool morning air.
There are some old homes and historic places to see, although a lot of the town is fairly modern in appearance. By all means, get the stamps and see the castle. However, a little bit of walking through town will not hurt a bit.
- Pros:Can be explored easily on foot. Buses run throughout the country. This is a scenic country with the mountains in view.
- Cons:Scaffolding on the castle's front when I visited, a lot of construction going on in places
- In a nutshell:This is a good place for walking/hiking. It deserves a visit.
I took a stroll through the center of Vaduz early in the morning and came up on the church. The door was open, so I... more travel advice
This nice hotel is in the pedestrian zone of central Vaduz. It is close to the Vaduz Post bus stop and the post office.... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Vaduz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vaduz - Capital of Liechtenstein"
- "Vaduz - Small capital of Liechtenstein"
- "Henrik's Vaduz page"
- "The nice Vaduz"
- "Stamps and banks but no planes and trains..."
- "Vaduz - Furstentum Liechtenstein"
- "Vaduz-capital of the Principality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vaduz
- Hotels in Vaduz
- Transportation in Vaduz
- Nightlife in Vaduz
- Restaurants in Vaduz
- Shopping in Vaduz
- Warnings and Dangers in Vaduz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vaduz
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Vaduz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vaduz
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Vaduz hotels
- Vaduz Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 205 Photos