"Puerto Rico's Natural Side" El Yunque National Forest by sswagner
El Yunque National Forest Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 251 photos
One of the places I had always wanted to see was a rainforest. The Amazon was too expensive and out of the way, although it is on my list for someday. Yet, I discovered by research that the Caribbean had its share of rainforests as well. Puerto Rico is large enough of an island to form its own weather in certain spots. El Yunque is an area which receives significantly more rainfall than nearby San Juan. It has mountains that help catch the moisture that comes across the island. The result is a tropical paradise that is very well maintained by the Puerto Ricans. Here, there is a wealth of plant life, waterfalls, and some wildlife in the area. If you like nature and stop in Puerto Rico, you should see this place.
- Pros:Easy to access and explore this tropical rainforest.
- Cons:It rains a lot!
- In a nutshell:For many, this is their favorite part of a Puerto Rican visit
Although this is not part of the rainforest, it is nearby. Luquillo is considered to be one of Puerto Rico's nicest... more travel advice
You will see waterfalls everywhere in El Yunque. Even if you only stick to the road, they will be visible. However, it... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
El Yunque National Forest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tower, Flowers, Dams and Waterfalls"
- "Jumping Around El Yunque Rainforest!"
- "OF COURSE WE WENT HIKING"
- "El Yunque National Forest"
- "Big Chocharillas"
- "Puerto Rico's Natural Side"
- "El Parque Nacional Caribeño"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Yunque National Forest
- Hotels in El Yunque National Forest
- Transportation in El Yunque National Forest
- Restaurants in El Yunque National Forest
- Shopping in El Yunque National Forest
- Warnings and Dangers in El Yunque National Forest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Yunque National Forest
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to El Yunque National Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Yunque National Forest
Photos in El Yunque National ForestSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues