"A Popular Sicilian Destination" Taormina by sswagner
Taormina Travel Guide: 280 reviews and 758 photos
Taormina is a place that is well known to tour operators and many who get the chance to step onto the island of Sicilia. In terms of appearance, it is everything one could hope for in a town. It is set into the scenic hills and also overlooks the ocean. The feeling here is that you are in another time. Certainly the place is busy in the summer, however there are reasons why so many people want to see such a place. The study of history of course is one good reason. Those who enjoy simple beauty, shopping, and eating will also want to be here. The town itself is one large attraction. True, there are some distinct landmarks which draw visitors in, yet I think any place in this town offers something interesting. A photographer or an artist could spend a lot of time here and not even realize how much time has passed. If your travels bring you to this island, the town of Taormina should be a major priority when deciding which places to visit.
- Pros:Very beautiful town and setting, a major Old World charm exists here
- Cons:Well known on the tourist circuit
- In a nutshell:This place will likely produce fond memories of your vacation
sswagner's Related Pages
Taormina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taormina a charming little place"
- "Taormina - for relaxing pottering"
- "Lovely Taormina"
- "TAORMINA AT ITS BUSIEST!"
- "Babylonian Chaos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taormina
- Hotels in Taormina
- Transportation in Taormina
- Nightlife in Taormina
- Restaurants in Taormina
- Shopping in Taormina
- Warnings and Dangers in Taormina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taormina
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Taormina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taormina
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues