"Monuments For the Ages" Pyramids of Giza by sswagner
Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide: 415 reviews and 1,291 photos
This area is well covered in the circles of travel. I seriously doubt there is any new information I could bring to the table regarding Giza, however it seems there is always room for another viewpoint. I had two visits to the plateau. The first was part of a guided tour during the afternoon, and the second was on my own in the morning and totally by foot.
A visit here can contain both the good and the bad. The history and design will leave the visitor in awe, and most people are glad they came here once they see this. Remembering the history book is not necessary to enjoy the place, however it will help in understanding why these vast monuments are here. The really nice part is to see it for real and know that you finally made it here. Surely in my school years, the thought had never crossed my mind that I would one day stand on this plateau and see it firsthand. What a nice surprise that was!
Like any other place, the pyramids have some drawbacks. The weather could get very hot in the daytime. Transportation options might likely make a visitor choose between a guided tour or a taxi assuming they are not staying at a hotel within walking distance. Do not even think about renting a car here. Then, there are the touts--more on this later. Fortunately, all of the disadvantages can be overcome or kept under reasonable control.
I think if you are the type of person who would want to come here, then you would not regret making this trip.
- Pros:Massive historic importance, awesome to look at
- Cons:Mostly the touts
- In a nutshell:This is a true wonder of the world. Nothing will compare to it, and a visit will always be remembered. What are you waiting for?
There are several ways to see this area. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Which one you take depends on... more travel advice
When the Queen's pyramids are considered, there are actually 9 pyramids on the plateau of Giza. Three can be found at... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Giza and its Pyramids"
- "My Giza Page"
- "Trip to Ancient History... Delivered."
- "G I Z A"
- "The Pyramids were fabulous, of course!"
- "Pyramids of Gezah"
- "The Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pyramids of Giza
- Hotels in Pyramids of Giza
- Transportation in Pyramids of Giza
- Nightlife in Pyramids of Giza
- Restaurants in Pyramids of Giza
- Shopping in Pyramids of Giza
- Warnings and Dangers in Pyramids of Giza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza
- 11 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pyramids of Giza
Photos in Pyramids of GizaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues