"The Sea of Galilee" Lake Tiberias by sswagner
Lake Tiberias Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 355 photos
Lake Tiberias is the Sea of Galilee which is Kinneret. Regardless of what one might call it, this body of fresh water is extremely important to Israel. Fresh water is hard to come by in this country, and this is the largest source of it. From the sea flows the River Jordan. The watershed for this body of water starts at Mt. Hermon, which is a popular ski resort in winter.
As far as religious sites around here, you will find several. If you come here and the waters are calm, a boat ride might be in order. If you like seafood, try the St. Peter's fish in one of the local restaurants.
- Pros:Worthy sites to see, a beautiful lake to explore.
- Cons:History has established that the waves can get rough
- In a nutshell:An important stop for the Christian traveller
This is often a stop on a religious tour of the Galilee because tradition holds that the miracle of the fish and loaves... more travel advice
Let me start off by saying that this is not a river like the Rhine, Missississippi, Amazon, or the Nile. In Texas, this... more travel advice
sswagner's Related Pages
Lake Tiberias Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Kinneret (Sea of Galilee)"
- "Day 3: Excursion around the Sea of Galilee"
- "Lake Tiberias and Mount of Beatitudes"
- "Kinneret - Sea of Galilee"
- "Galilee and the Golan Heights"
- "The Sea of Galilee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Tiberias
- Hotels in Lake Tiberias
- Transportation in Lake Tiberias
- Nightlife in Lake Tiberias
- Restaurants in Lake Tiberias
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Tiberias
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lake Tiberias?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Tiberias
Photos in Lake TiberiasSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 40 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glen Rose Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues