"HEBER SPRINGS , AR." Heber Springs by TonyMcGuffey
Heber Springs Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 27 photos
Heber (as the locals call it) is just some 40 minutes from Batesville on Highway 25.
Like Batesville, Heber is an old city, but much smaller with a laid back approach to things. There are dozens of antique shops in the area, a lot of them are downtown.
40,000 acre Greers Ferry Lake bumps the north edge of the city at Sandy Beach Park. The lake offers camping, boating, swimming, and great fishing for several species of game fish.
Nearby the cold waters of the Little Red River (which feeds the man-made Greers Ferry lake) provide perfect habitat for some of the nation's best trout fishing. The WORLD'S RECORD brown trout (over 40 lbs.) was caught in these waters.
My favorite place to stay? Lindsey's Rainbow Resort! Modern cabins, campsites, pool, large and well equipped dock with boats and guides available.
And of course, the Pot O' Gold restaurant where they cook your catch or you can stuff yourself with items off the menu.
Be sure to check out their photo walls of famous fishermen who have passed through the resort.
Heber is also a big attraction to retirees with many retirement villages offering some of the best accomodations found anywhere.
- Pros:Small town, laid back, incredible opportunities for water sports and photography.
- Cons:For major purchases trips to Batesville, 40 minutes away, or Little Rock, hour and a half away are required.
- In a nutshell:Where people enjoy retirement and the adventures of the outdoors
TonyMcGuffey's Related Pages
Heber Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The East End of Greers Ferry Lake"
- "No wonder its called "the natural state" !"
- "HEBER SPRINGS , AR."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heber Springs
- Hotels in Heber Springs
- Restaurants in Heber Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heber Springs
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Heber Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heber Springs
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.