"Rollin' On The River" Batesville by TonyMcGuffey
Batesville Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 18 photos
You just can't travel in Arkansas and not be near water, especially in Batesville where the White River flows at the town's edge. People from the arid sections of Texas and Arizona who visit our town just stare in awe at so much water in one river!
The Buffalo National River, the nation's first national river, flows through Newton County with the headwaters near the community of Ponca. Just a 3 hour drive from Batesville, this is one of my favorite travel spots for canoeing, camping, (there are dozens of trails to hike) and awesome scenery. Whether you want a campsite, bunkhouse, or rustic cabin with hot tub, the folks at Lost Valley Canoe-Lodging can fix you up. Contact them at 870-861-5522.
Hundreds of wild elk roam along the Buffalo River and can be seen in the Ponca area just about any day. This is one of the best areas in the state for photo opportunities.
Just 45 minutes south of Batesville is Greers Ferry Lake and hydro- electric dam. The lake is fed by the Little Red River, one of the hottest trout streams in the U.S. The fishing on the Little Red is great the year round.
Lindsey's Rainbow Resort on the Little Red River has all the accomodations you will ever need for year round fishing, complete with cabins, restaurant, boats and guides. They can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , or phone at 501-362-3139.
Lake Charles State Park, just 45 minutes northeast of Bateville is one of the state's best family campground and fishing areas. The small lake is ideal for canoes, kayaks and small fishing boats. The park offers interpretive programs for all ages eachspring through fall.
If you visit any of these places, tell them I said hello!
- Pros:Progressive small town, two colleges, good law enforcement, family oriented, good prices on housing, commercial aspects are growing at a tremendous rate.
- Cons:The city has not been able to expand its borders and is stalled out at just under 10,000 population. Nearly 30,000 people live in the surrounding area and adjoining counties. A larger city population would give us more "name brand" businesses.
- In a nutshell:The City Of Hospitatlity & Growth
Batesville is a city of commercial growth, especially along the four-lane East-West corridor of Harrison Street, which... more travel advice
TonyMcGuffey's Related Pages
Batesville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Batesville, Independence County, Arkansas"
- "Zack's Hometown"
- "Rollin' On The River"
- "Perserverantia Omnia Vincet Deo Volente"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batesville
- Hotels in Batesville
- Transportation in Batesville
- Nightlife in Batesville
- Restaurants in Batesville
- Warnings and Dangers in Batesville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Batesville
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Batesville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batesville
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.