"Walking Through Journey..." wkcsmt's Profile
What do you think this is?
Coral of some sort?! Nah... not close at all, but I'll call this a coral on dry land. This is a photo of a shrub in its frozen condition. This happaned 2 weeks ago in Ada - an Ice Storm of the decade!!
More photos of the ice storm in Ada Page
Born in Malaysia ...
Lived in New Zealand for 10.5 years. Although being a Wellingtonion for all these time, South Island has always been my favourite island... the sceneries are just amazing. If you have limited time during your visit, I would recommend spending most (or all) of your time there and allow for at least 10-12 days (but the more the merrier..haha...)
This is Wellington - my home sweet home!
This is where I am now... Ada in Ohio, USA.
I moved here in September 2004 since my husband took up the assistant professor job @ Ohio Northern University.
I'll exploring this country when time & $$$ permits. My exploration so far...
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
New Orleans, LA
Niagara Falls, NY
Went on a 8-days tour in June on the way to Malaysia. Our little boy, 11 months old, went "backpacking" with us. No one ever told us how much luggage space the little one needs!! Anyway, he was amazing and was extremely corporative. And very lucky boy to start his travel at this young age.
The Chinese New Year's celebration lasts for 15 days (7-21 February 2008). Chinese populated countries, particularly in Asia, will be swamped with the busy & joyous atmosphere. Red is used as the most auspicious colour, while the decoration may have a blessing or good wish.
Red packets are every child's delight @ Chinese New Year! The Chinese give money inside red envelopes which are decorated with lucky symbols or Chinese characters. These are known as Hung Bao (in Mandarin) or Lai Si (in Cantonese). At Chinese New Year these are given by married couples to children / unmarried people. The symbolic giving of the money represents a wish for fortune and wealth in the coming year.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 263 Reviews
- 468 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 27 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- wkcsmt and allikat are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Walking Through Journey..."
- Wrote a Review Meiji about Meiji-Jingu Shrine in Tokyo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Imperial Detached Court"
- updated a Japan Travel Page "Oriental Rising Sun"
- Commented on aussiedoug's profile page
- Posted in Travel Johor Bahru Forum "Re: Purchasing Of Bak Kua"
PhotosSee All Photos (468)
Top 10 Pages
- Wellington Intro, 54 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- Milford Sound Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rotorua Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Jose Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues