"Kandahar" Velayat-e Kandahar by AV8TOR
Velayat-e Kandahar Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 48 photos
A beautiful view of the once popular airport. Hopefuly to bring back the once thriving tourism to Afghanistan.
Founded in 1747 by Ahmad Shah Durrani, is the second largest city in Afghanistan. Alexander the Great founded Alexandria of Arachosia and the region was repeatedly fought over by the Saffavids and Moghuls. It was under the first leader Mir Wais and then Ahmad Shah Durrani, the Afghans who hastened the decline of both empires and annexed much of their territories to the young Afghan Kingdom in the 18th Century.
Zor Shar (Old City), Shrine of Haratji Baba, Shrine of Baba Wali, Charsuq (Bazar of 4 arcades). more travel advice
AV8TOR's Related Pages
Velayat-e Kandahar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to the World of Mad Max, err Kandahar."
- "my time in Afghanistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Hotels in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Transportation in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Restaurants in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Shopping in Velayat-e Kandahar
- Warnings and Dangers in Velayat-e Kandahar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Velayat-e Kandahar
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Velayat-e Kandahar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Velayat-e Kandahar
Top 5 Pages
- Afghanistan Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Velayat-e Kandahar Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Logan Intro, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 photo
- Colorado Springs Intro, 1 photo