"And miles to go, before I sleep....." willhaigh's Profile
Obviously, I'm have a lot of work yet to do with these pages, although I feel I've traveled the world already. Since the age of about ten, I've voraciously read everything I could get my hands on about travel. I grew up in Northern Michigan, lived for 5 1/2 years in Atlanta, Georgia, and currently very happily reside in sunny Florida.
No matter where I go in life - near or far - Michigan will always be "home" to me and hence, once I get started.... my Michigan pages will undoubtedly be my most extensive. Outside my own country however, the starkly beautiful landscape of Iceland has quickly become my most favorite place on Earth. I've traveled to Iceland three times over the past 18 months and have plans to continue my travels and visits there for many years to come. Each time I go I feel more "at home" in Iceland. I am currently in the process of vastly improving my Iceland pages so, please check them periodically. Believe me - after three trips in less than 18 months.... I have a TON of photos and experiences to share.
I've traveled extensively within the United States and have spent a lot of time in Southern California. I'd have to say that the Southern California desert is one of my favorite places. I, in fact, own some property just outside Palm Springs and get out that way as often as I can.
There are few States in my great country that I've not visited. As most Americans, God-willing I do hope to at least step my foot into each one at least once before my journey ends.
From Cities - Reykjavik, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Naples, FL
To small towns - Grand Marais, MI, Midland, MI, Key West, Sausalito, CA
To beaches - Naples, FL, Tybee Island, San Onofre, Grand Sable Dunes, the black sands of Vik, Iceland
To mountains - Brasstown Bald, Northern Georgia, Western North Carolina, Southern California, the Iceland interior
I can't even begin to list my many favorites. Seems like I find a new "favorite place" every time I travel.
I traveled for the first time to Reykjavik, Iceland in June of 2005. What an incredible place! I have a new favorite place in the World. Please see my Iceland pages, travelogues, and tips....
NOTE: Since that first trip in June of 2005, I've returned to Iceland to visit my great friends there twice more. Please continue to check my Iceland pages for updates. I'm making it my goal to flood my Iceland pages with pictures and info within the next month.
Traveling to Michigan, Orlando, Atlanta or Reykjavik, please feel free to email me with any questions you have. Tons more info will be forthcoming on my pages and I'd be happy to help in the meantime.
Godspeed to all...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 15 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- willhaigh and tvdm are now friends.
- Commented on tvdm's profile page
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: Short break in December 2007"
- Wrote a Review Great Sunday brunch! about American in Orlando Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Sunday brunch!"
- updated a Orlando Travel Page "Orlando..... so much more than Mickey"
updated their Profile Page "And miles to go, before I sleep....."
Top 5 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reykjavík 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Selfoss 1 review, 4 photos
- Akranes 1 review, 4 photos
- Orlando Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos