Though we travel the world to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Another Beautiful Sunset!
I feel so blessed to live in this beautiful place. I came for a visit in 1998 and couldn't leave!
We are regularly treated to the most breathtaking sunsets.
Trust me It's Paradise This is where the hungry come to feed For mine is a generation that circles the globe in search of something we haven't tried before so never refuse an invitation never resist the unfamiliar never fail to be polite and never outstay your welcome just keep your mind open and suck in the experience and if it hurts you know what... it's probably worth it you hope, and you dream but you never believe that something is going to happen for you not like it does in the movies and when it actually does you expect it to feel different more visceral more real I was waiting for it to hit me
I still believe in paradise but now at least i know it's not some place you can look for cause it's not where you go it's how you feel for a moment in your life and if you find that moment it lasts forever
it lasts forever lasts forever
Up on a hill, as the day dissolves With my pencil turning moments into line High above in the violet sky A silent silver plane - it draws a golden chain
One by one, all the stars appear As the great winds of the planet spiral in Spinning away, like the night sky at Arles In the million insect storm, the constellations form
On a hill, under a raven sky I have no idea exactly what I've drawn Some kind of change, some kind of spinning away With every single line moving further out in time
And now as the pale moon rides Her form in my pale blue lines And there, as the world rolls round I draw, but the lines move round There, as the great wheels blaze I draw, but my drawing fades And now, as the old sun dies I draw, and the four winds sigh
My Favourite Quotes...
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop. -Confucius-
We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment. -Anon-
The great pleasure in life is in doing what others say you cannot. -Walter Bagahot-
Once you've flown, your wings never quite fit in the nest again.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. -Mahatma Gandhi-
Work like you don't need the money, Dance like nobody's watching And love like you've never been hurt.
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Its not good enough to ignore the mystery just because it can't be explained. -Graham Hancock-
One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore. -Andre Gide-
A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages. -Tenessee Williams-
If you can find a path without obstacles, it probably leads to nowhere. -Anon-
An Existentialist Ocean
The indifferent agony of the ocean is read rather easily - it says "I have learned to roll rocks larger than your head. And take the lives of those who look too deeply". -Gary Shockley-
You've Been in the Philippines Too Long When...
1. You are freezing and it 75 degrees outside.
2. Your speech is marked with expressions like, "I'm going pishing" and "My dog has pleas."
3. It doesn't bother you to walk into a bar with a P.C. standing outside with a loaded gun.
4. European beer tastes funny.
5. You think a hot water faucet is a decoration.
6. You tie a gecko to your bedpost to control mosquitoes.
7. You think 50 pesos is a lot of money.
8. You think a luxury hotel is one with a seat on the toilet.
9. You don't answer to "Joe" and your name is Joe.
10. You get a roll of 50 centavo pieces so the jeepney drivers can't keep the change.
11. No matter how drunk you get, San Miguel beer still tastes good.
12. "Mag beer muna tayo" is your favorite commercial.
13. You think a superhighway is a two-laner.
14. You can eat balut without throwing up.
15. You think of retiring here (there) because you like the place and it's really cheap.