"My Island Home" sirenna's Profile
Though we travel the world to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
I feel so blessed to live in this beautiful place. I came for a visit in 1998 and couldn't leave!
We are regularly treated to the most breathtaking sunsets.
This is where the hungry come to feed
For mine is a generation that circles the globe
in search of something we haven't tried before
so never refuse an invitation
never resist the unfamiliar
never fail to be polite
and never outstay your welcome
just keep your mind open and
suck in the experience
and if it hurts
you know what... it's probably worth it
you hope, and you dream
but you never believe that
something is going to happen for you
not like it does in the movies
and when it actually does
you expect it to feel different
I was waiting for it to hit me
I still believe in paradise
but now at least i know it's not some place you can look for
cause it's not where you go
it's how you feel for a moment in your life
and if you find that moment it lasts forever
it lasts forever
Up on a hill, as the day dissolves
With my pencil turning moments into line
High above in the violet sky
A silent silver plane - it draws a golden chain
One by one, all the stars appear
As the great winds of the planet spiral in
Spinning away, like the night sky at Arles
In the million insect storm, the constellations form
On a hill, under a raven sky
I have no idea exactly what I've drawn
Some kind of change, some kind of spinning away
With every single line moving further out in time
And now as the pale moon rides Her form in my pale blue lines
And there, as the world rolls round I draw, but the lines move round There, as the great wheels blaze I draw, but my drawing fades
And now, as the old sun dies I draw, and the four winds sigh
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.
We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.
The great pleasure in life is in doing what others say you cannot.
Once you've flown, your wings never quite fit in the nest again.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.
Work like you don't need the money,
Dance like nobody's watching
And love like you've never been hurt.
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Its not good enough to ignore the mystery just because it can't be explained.
One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore.
A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages.
If you can find a path without obstacles, it probably leads to nowhere.
The indifferent agony of the ocean is read rather easily - it says "I have learned to roll rocks larger than your head. And take the lives of those who look too deeply".
You've Been in the Philippines Too Long When...
1. You are freezing and it 75 degrees outside.
2. Your speech is marked with expressions like, "I'm going pishing" and "My dog has pleas."
3. It doesn't bother you to walk into a bar with a P.C. standing outside with a loaded gun.
4. European beer tastes funny.
5. You think a hot water faucet is a decoration.
6. You tie a gecko to your bedpost to control mosquitoes.
7. You think 50 pesos is a lot of money.
8. You think a luxury hotel is one with a seat on the toilet.
9. You don't answer to "Joe" and your name is Joe.
10. You get a roll of 50 centavo pieces so the jeepney drivers can't keep the change.
11. No matter how drunk you get, San Miguel beer still tastes good.
12. "Mag beer muna tayo" is your favorite commercial.
13. You think a superhighway is a two-laner.
14. You can eat balut without throwing up.
15. You think of retiring here (there) because you like the place and it's really cheap.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 261 Reviews
- 629 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Travel Boracay Island Forum "Re: Boracay Regency"
- Commented on one of planxty's Boracay Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review Tasty Fish and Chips in Boracay Island Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tasty Fish and Chips"
- sirenna and ludogatto are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "Boracay Cats"
- created a Romblon Island Travel Page "Marble Islands"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 157 reviews, 402 photos, 3 travelogues
- Romblon Island Intro, 25 reviews, 30 photos
- Malay Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kalibo Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Carabao Island Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Romblon Intro, 1 review, 20 photos
- Rayleigh Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Kilkenny Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Pandan Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos