"Defiance" Defiance by mdwstrnr

Defiance Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 10 photos

I good place to grow up

Having read the comments on Defiance by others, I decided someone ought to speak on behalf of the town I have loved since I can remember. It is not an over-powering nor flashy place, but its citizens are solid, hard-working, and even virtuous people. I am always encouraged when I return to see a contentment with moderation in all things. You may find exceptions, but the faithful, farming mentality of honest work each day prevails yet. Even a large unionized workforce at General Motors, the major employer, bows to this old-fashioned spirit, and the brash and ugly big-city aggressiveness is not welcome here. Just ask me about my attempts at aggressive, teenage driving or anything else I thought I could get away with -- they were reported to my father. He seemed to have willing spies everywhere I strayed. It was not just gossip -- the older generation was active in maintaining a good way of life.
I am glad for these things in my past, and I am not without hope that they are being guarded in Defiance.

• Pros:quietness, sturdiness of people and outlook, isolation from mainstream
  • Cons:If you love New York City, you probably won't love Defiance
  • Last visit to Defiance: Aug 2003
  • Intro Written Dec 22, 2004

• Jan 13, 2005 at 8:26 PM

Thank you for the nice town comment. I am a loca here and could not believe what has been said about Defiance. It truly is a great place to have a family. Thanks Again!!! Home is what you make it right? :)

mdwstrnr

“Do we have to get out of the car?”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Defiance

Have you been to Defiance?

Latest Activity in Defiance