"SUR HOME OF THE DHOW" Sur by henri123
Sur Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 87 photos
The best arabian dhow are coming from this place, just in front of Aygah
Nowadays theese boats are ten times smaller than the originals, at that
time also built without a nail.
Legend or truth , the Noe arch has been built here ?
- Pros:rich historical site
- Cons:the dhow construction almost extincted
- In a nutshell:Great look at the past busy city, looking to a young future
Every evening hundreds of young soccer fans are playing on the beach just before sunset. Al Ayjah tower onthe other... more travel advice
henri123's Related Pages
Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sur, Ras Al Jinz & Ras Al Hadd"
- "SUR HOME OF THE DHOW"
- "The cradle of the dhows"
- "A raid to Sur!!"
- "Sur Pictures"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sur
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sur
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bishkek Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Asilah Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Georgetown Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Oman Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Dubai Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Matagami Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Trinidad Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos