"THE CITY BETWEEN RIVERS" Matanzas by henri123
Matanzas Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 127 photos
A strange name for a city: Matanzas means killing,
the origine of this name is not quite sure.
Nested in the Guamina bay this city was for a long time the sugar capital
of the island and number one sugar harbour in the world.
The famous cuban danse "danzon" was created in matanzas.
Between two main bridges "Calixto Garcia" and "Concordia", the city center architecture is the proof of this former quite rich city.
- Pros:friendly population
- Cons:too closeby varadero and mass tourism
- In a nutshell:river city along the bay
Observing the constant activity on the Matanzas bridges. Matanzas is a harbour city just one hour by taxi from... more travel advice
henri123's Related Pages
Matanzas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Matanzas City, Cuba"
- "Branco's new Matanzas Page"
- "Matanzas, province of Matanzas, Cuba."
- "THE CITY BETWEEN RIVERS"
- "Sea, Sun & Fun in Varadero"
- "sweetpea2u's new Matanzas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matanzas
- Hotels in Matanzas
- Transportation in Matanzas
- Nightlife in Matanzas
- Restaurants in Matanzas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matanzas
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Matanzas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matanzas
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bishkek Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Asilah Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Georgetown Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Oman Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Dubai Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Matagami Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Trinidad Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos