"Vente, Lithuania" Vente by aterola
Vente Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 10 photos
This is the place with the lonely lighthouse, built as if on the very edge of the world, and people, in whose eyes only water and sky are reflected, who ring birds so that they can observe their journey through the sky.
Ventës Ragas is one of the best places in Europe to observe migrant birds. For this reason, ornithologists both from Lithuania and abroad meet here every year.
However, it is worth crossing the lagoon not only because of the birds. This is a rare opportunity to experience true tranquillity, to see the remaining architecture of Little Lithuanian with your own eyes, to hear the language used by old local residents, and to admire the beauty of the nature, which you won’t find anywhere else. Here, you’ll be surprised to find the so-called “Little Venice”, where streets are rivers and where people greet each other when passing by in their boats and communicate sincerely and openly.
In 1837 m. there was built a wooden lighthouse, and in 1860 m. it was rebuilt from brikes, it is a monument of tehnics.
Ventes Ragas is the most distant western point of Silute district. There is a lighthouse that is operating for more than... more travel advice
aterola's Related Pages
Vente Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vente
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Vente?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vente
Photos in VenteSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klaipeda Intro, 41 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tavira Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Paberze Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Troms Region Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuopio Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Athens Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues