"Sveiki atvyke - Welcome !" aterola's Profile

Klaipeda, Lithuania

Dear VT friends,

thank you for stopping and reading my letter to you ;-) I hope you are doing well and I wish you a lot of nice trips in 2011...
I live in Klaipeda. It is the third bigest city in Lithuania after capital Vilnius and the second bigest city Kaunas. Klaipeda is different from other places in Lithuania, because it it the Sea Port on Baltic Sea. There are also dunes of white sand, wild beaches. It takes few minutes by ferry to get to Curonian Spit- the highest dunes in Europe. Its beauty and value was recognized by UNESCO and included into the World Heritage List. And what I really love - it is Sea wind, what you will never feel in other cities of Lithuania ;-) Please, check official Klaipeda page www.klaipeda.lt , also Curonian Spit http://www.nerija.lt/en/foto/kopos.php
please, check my tips and ask me everything what you want to know about Klaipeda - I will be happy to help you.

Last weekend of July or first weekend of August we celebrate the Sea festival and 1 August birthday of Klaipeda city. This year we were lucky to host Eurobasket 2011 and the Tall Ship Races also visited Klaipeda. Let me share some pictures from my city and festival.

Summer comes to Lithuania

I just realised that nature doesn't wait for a better weather to start it's summer. it is such a cold spring, so people still wear warm clothes, but trees, flowers they are doing well.
I realised that when I got half of liter of new honey from this spring flowers. I am happy to have a friend in village :-)

The Tall Ships' Races

Nothing makes Klaipeda more beautifull but Tall Ships. We never had such a beautifull festival and such a beautifull view of the port.
18-21 August 2011 we will be very happy to have „The Culture Tall Ships Regata 2011" again in Klaipeda. That is a wonderfull festival, please, come to see! /www.klaipeda-tourism.lt

Klaipeda 2009

The Tall Ships' Races 2009

Lesson of dance

There are many other atractions on the streets, including lessons of dance. Please visit our Sea Festival and Klaipeda birthday on 30 July - 1 August in 2011.

Sunset in Klaipeda, Lithuania

Wind and rain are trademarks of Klaipeda, but on the Tall Ships' races weekend the wind decided not to work hard. We can only imagine the beauty of tall ships with white sails... No wind - no sails...

Smaller boats are always welcome as well.

The Klaipeda city river Dane was full of nicely decorated boats creating a wonderfull atmosphere of the festival.

Klaipeda

The Sea Festival for me means boat trips, a lot of beer, a lot of concerts, a lot of noise, closed streets, open markets, crowds of people....

• Intro Updated Jul 25, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!