"Sveiki atvyke - Welcome !" aterola's Profile
Dear VT friends,
thank you for stopping and reading my letter to you ;-) I hope you are doing well and I wish you a lot of nice trips in 2011...
I live in Klaipeda. It is the third bigest city in Lithuania after capital Vilnius and the second bigest city Kaunas. Klaipeda is different from other places in Lithuania, because it it the Sea Port on Baltic Sea. There are also dunes of white sand, wild beaches. It takes few minutes by ferry to get to Curonian Spit- the highest dunes in Europe. Its beauty and value was recognized by UNESCO and included into the World Heritage List. And what I really love - it is Sea wind, what you will never feel in other cities of Lithuania ;-) Please, check official Klaipeda page www.klaipeda.lt , also Curonian Spit http://www.nerija.lt/en/foto/kopos.php
please, check my tips and ask me everything what you want to know about Klaipeda - I will be happy to help you.
Last weekend of July or first weekend of August we celebrate the Sea festival and 1 August birthday of Klaipeda city. This year we were lucky to host Eurobasket 2011 and the Tall Ship Races also visited Klaipeda. Let me share some pictures from my city and festival.
I just realised that nature doesn't wait for a better weather to start it's summer. it is such a cold spring, so people still wear warm clothes, but trees, flowers they are doing well.
I realised that when I got half of liter of new honey from this spring flowers. I am happy to have a friend in village :-)
Nothing makes Klaipeda more beautifull but Tall Ships. We never had such a beautifull festival and such a beautifull view of the port.
18-21 August 2011 we will be very happy to have „The Culture Tall Ships Regata 2011" again in Klaipeda. That is a wonderfull festival, please, come to see! /www.klaipeda-tourism.lt
The Tall Ships' Races 2009
There are many other atractions on the streets, including lessons of dance. Please visit our Sea Festival and Klaipeda birthday on 30 July - 1 August in 2011.
Wind and rain are trademarks of Klaipeda, but on the Tall Ships' races weekend the wind decided not to work hard. We can only imagine the beauty of tall ships with white sails... No wind - no sails...
The Klaipeda city river Dane was full of nicely decorated boats creating a wonderfull atmosphere of the festival.
The Sea Festival for me means boat trips, a lot of beer, a lot of concerts, a lot of noise, closed streets, open markets, crowds of people....
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- United States of America
- Accra Hotels
- Pulau Wan Man Hotels
- Male Island
- Kuala Lumpur
- North America
- Butuan City Hotels
- Houston Hotels
- Ausable Chasm Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Chancellorsville Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Ho Chi Minh City
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 104 Reviews
- 502 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- Posted in Travel Klaipeda Forum "Re: how to get to Klaipeda ferry..."
- Commented on leics's profile page
- created a Sardegna Travelogue "Pope Francis in Cagliari"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pope Francis in Cagliari"
- aterola and GintarasP are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Real Italian Restaurant in Bergamo Restaurants
updated their Personal Page "Aurora Borealis"
- Uploaded a Video to World
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klaipeda Intro, 41 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tavira Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Paberze Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Troms Region Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sardegna Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuopio Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos