"Sveiki atvyke - Welcome !" aterola's Profile
Dear VT friends,
thank you for stopping and reading my letter to you ;-) I hope you are doing well and I wish you a lot of nice trips in 2011...
I live in Klaipeda. It is the third bigest city in Lithuania after capital Vilnius and the second bigest city Kaunas. Klaipeda is different from other places in Lithuania, because it it the Sea Port on Baltic Sea. There are also dunes of white sand, wild beaches. It takes few minutes by ferry to get to Curonian Spit- the highest dunes in Europe. Its beauty and value was recognized by UNESCO and included into the World Heritage List. And what I really love - it is Sea wind, what you will never feel in other cities of Lithuania ;-) Please, check official Klaipeda page www.klaipeda.lt , also Curonian Spit http://www.nerija.lt/en/foto/kopos.php
please, check my tips and ask me everything what you want to know about Klaipeda - I will be happy to help you.
Last weekend of July or first weekend of August we celebrate the Sea festival and 1 August birthday of Klaipeda city. This year we were lucky to host Eurobasket 2011 and the Tall Ship Races also visited Klaipeda. Let me share some pictures from my city and festival.
I just realised that nature doesn't wait for a better weather to start it's summer. it is such a cold spring, so people still wear warm clothes, but trees, flowers they are doing well.
I realised that when I got half of liter of new honey from this spring flowers. I am happy to have a friend in village :-)
Nothing makes Klaipeda more beautifull but Tall Ships. We never had such a beautifull festival and such a beautifull view of the port.
18-21 August 2011 we will be very happy to have „The Culture Tall Ships Regata 2011" again in Klaipeda. That is a wonderfull festival, please, come to see! /www.klaipeda-tourism.lt
The Tall Ships' Races 2009
There are many other atractions on the streets, including lessons of dance. Please visit our Sea Festival and Klaipeda birthday on 30 July - 1 August in 2011.
Wind and rain are trademarks of Klaipeda, but on the Tall Ships' races weekend the wind decided not to work hard. We can only imagine the beauty of tall ships with white sails... No wind - no sails...
The Klaipeda city river Dane was full of nicely decorated boats creating a wonderfull atmosphere of the festival.
The Sea Festival for me means boat trips, a lot of beer, a lot of concerts, a lot of noise, closed streets, open markets, crowds of people....
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 104 Reviews
- 502 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
- Commented on paddington28's profile page
- Posted in Travel Vilnius Forum "Re: cut throat shave anywhere ?"
- aterola and paddington28 are now friends.
- created a Sardegna Travelogue "Pope Francis in Cagliari"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pope Francis in Cagliari"
- Wrote a Review Real Italian Restaurant in Bergamo Restaurants
updated their Personal Page "Aurora Borealis"
- Uploaded a Video to World
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klaipeda Intro, 41 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tavira Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Paberze Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Troms Region Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sardegna Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuopio Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos