"barcodex's new Narva page" Top 5 Page for this destination Narva by barcodex
Narva Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 142 photos
Narva is one of the biggest (huh, everything is relatively small in Estonia, so...) in the country, located on the eastern border (with Russia), it has long interesting history and very unique present moment.
Through the times back to its foundation it was Estonian, Russian, Swedish and German town. Sweden rulers even wanted to promote Narva as second important Swedish town because of its location on a map, but Peter the Great, ambitious Russian tsar, crashed these plans with Northern War (in 1690s-1700s).
Nowadays, there are practically no signs of German/Swedish presence in town, except well preserved fortress, which is the mai hero of my page. Narva is also a big center of Russian-speaking minority, so Estonian language is not the first spoken here.
Please read more below.
After visiting a fortress, take a walk along the Pushkin street. It is the main street of the city. It is not... more travel advice
Just another photo of bells, without me myself next to them... more travel advice
barcodex's Related Pages
Narva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two big castles"
- "around narva:from vasknarva to lahemaa n.p."
- "Brave Narva"
- "barcodex's new Narva page"
- "kylamees's new Narva Page"
- "Welcome to NARVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narva
- Hotels in Narva
- Transportation in Narva
- Nightlife in Narva
- Restaurants in Narva
- Shopping in Narva
- Warnings and Dangers in Narva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narva
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Narva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narva
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn County Intro, 45 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Estonia Intro, 24 reviews, 17 photos, 9 travelogues
- Russia Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Ukraine Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue