"Ok now this is getting authentic" Attapu by Yaletown
Attapu Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 11 photos
What a quant little town. If you get past the minimal choice of restaurants and the lack of clean hotels this place is kinda cool. My sister and I were gawked at here mostly because there are very, very few caucasion people here. I think we saw one in a restaurant and another one driving a UNICEF truck. This area is very poor but this makes for very cheap food and hotels or I should say guest houses.
If you are looking for something that is very non touristy this is the place. There isn't much to do though, but the driving trip from Pakse to here is long but fun as it includes Waterfalls, coffee plantations, etc.
This picture shows the market right next to a bridge that isn't used much.
Try bargaining in Lao, it really makes them smile and laugh.
Depending on how much you know about Lao, the market is the thing. Every town has one and Attapu is no exception. The... more travel advice
Yaletown's Related Pages
Attapu Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Attapu
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Attapu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Attapu
Top 10 Pages
- Vientiane Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakse Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Krabi Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Attapu Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Savannakhet Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Laos Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Bangkok 3 reviews
- Cancún 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos