Australia Restaurant Tips by Amelei
Australia Restaurants: 152 reviews and 139 photos
Govinda's Restaurant is a pure vegetarian Hare Krishna Restaurant run by ISKCON Brisbane and situated at
99 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane.
At Govindas the devotees serve an all you can eat menu of hot rice, dhal, sabji, pappadums, koftas, chutney, samosas, salad, hot halava and thirst quenching drinks. The restaurant is very popular with business people, students and devotees alike. The hours of operation are
11.30 am to 2.30 pm 7 days a week
5.30 pm to 8.30 pm Friday evenings
A Sunday Feast is also held at the restaurant which begins at 5 pm and includes kirtan class and feast.
Visit Govinda's restaurant web site:
Favorite Dish: I Love it all- seriously the yummiest food EVER!! oh YUM!!! I just drool thinking about it
I havnt been in some time but the last time i did go the food was by donation. It should still be the same and i usually donate about $10- $15 Australian dollars.
Most seating is on cushions close to the ground, although i'm sure many restaurants differ.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
Offering spectacular panoramic views of Brisbane stretching to Moreton Bay, dining at the Summit is a memorable experience in a truly unique setting with award winning contemporary cuisine.
The restaurant layout is designed with terraced seating inside for up to 220 guests flowing to an open deck outside so everyone is assured panoramic views of Brisbane and the surrounds.
The Restaurant offers regularly changing menu's of contemporary, quality Queensland style cuisine with Mediterranean and Asian influences. Fully licenced, the wine list offers an extensive selection of premium Australian Wines, some of which are vintage Queensland, with many offered by the glass.
Check out menu here:
Favorite Dish: I had the yummiest Lobster here and prawns and it was done so well. I'm so picky when it comes to seafood and i will admit that the food was really wondeful.
Then its time to walk it off and check out the amazing view!!
Address: Mount Cootha lookout Brisbane
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: As above
Since it was formed in 1972 to 'promote awareness and participation in jazz of all styles', the Brisbane Jazz Club has provided opportunities for both amateur and professional jazz musicians to meet and play together on a regular basis.
The Club's great location on the banks of the Brisbane River provides an ideal setting for members and their visitors to hear the best of Australian and International jazz artists at their regular sessions.
The Brisbane Jazz Club's energetic committee is in constant touch with what's happening in Australian jazz and whenever an artiste or band is ‘coming through on tour’ they're sure to be asked to play for us.
One of the very few jazz clubs anywhere in the world to have its own dedicated premises, the Brisbane Jazz Club is a very sociable place too, and is fully licensed so that members and guests can enjoy a drink whilst listening to their favourite music.
Comparison: about average
Directions: 1 Annie St, Kangaroo Point
Phone- (07) 3848-0954
More Reviews (59)
- See All SURFING
- See All SUCH BEAUTY.....
- See All JAH WORK- Harper/ Plunier
- See All MY INTRODUCTION TO MELBOURNE
- See All MEMORIES OF THE BORDER RANGES NATIONAL...
- See All GOOD OLD AUSSIE RODEO
Amelei's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cowes Hotels
- Rizhao Hotels
- Bostanli Hotels
- Windermere Hotels
- Mautern in Steiermark
- Campbell River
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 62 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 62 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Slovakia Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- England Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Thailand Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Croatia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Top Australia hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4796 Photos
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 845 Reviews - 1806 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5784 Reviews - 13455 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 972 Reviews - 2107 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 850 Reviews - 2110 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1596 Reviews - 3435 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2049 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2188 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 316 Reviews - 662 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 129 Reviews - 401 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 107 Photos